Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS)
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) is a fusion of the latest technologies with high traditional spiritual values. The educational facilities at AIMS meets the international standards. The institute conducts an Common Entrance test (CET) for admission towards its various courses of medicine, viz; Medical, Dental and Nursing in the department of Medical Sciences.
- Courses available at AIMS for undergraduate studies of medicine are
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BSc – (Bachelor of Sciences) Nursing
- The candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary, or its equivalent examination in 1st attempt, the last two years of which must include Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The candidate must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at the qualifying examination and competitive examination. (For SC/ST candidates, minimum marks required is 40%)
- Only those candidates whose date of birth fall on or before 31 December in the year of admission but have not crossed the age of 25 years as on 31st December in the year of admission are eligible to apply. Date of birth as recorded in the 10th standard/ School Leaving certificate will be taken as authentic.
Candidates can obtain the Prospectus and the Application Forms on payment of cash Rs 1,000 for MBBS/BDS/BAMS & Rs.500 for B.Sc Nursing / B.Pharm from the following Banks/ Branches
- The Dhanalakshmi Bank Ltd
- The South Indian Bank Ltd:
Candidates can also download the form from the website : Click here
The Common Entrance Test comprises of an objective type test of 180 minutes duration, containing 200 questions. Approximate distribution of questions for subjects will be English and General Knowledge - 20, Physics - 40; Chemistry - 60; and Biology - 80. The syllabus for Common Entrance Test is as per the 10 + 2 examination of CBSE pattern. Each MCQ consists of a stem and four responses, labelled A, B, C and D. Only one of the responses is correct and for each correct response the candidate will be awarded three marks and for each incorrect response one mark will be deducted from the total score.
Centers of examination for admission into MBBS/BDS/BSc courses of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences are given below:
The Candidates are selected on the merit list of the entrance exams
The Last date of submission of application form is January/February and the date of Entrance Examination is May.