AXIS Joint Bank Account is a type of account where there are two owners of the account and they can operate the account jointly. In the case of absence of one owner, the other one can carry out the transactions.
AXIS Bank always gives the facilities like:
- Opening the deposit/savings account in favor of more than one individual
- The mother can open the account jointly with her daughter/son
- It can be opened jointly with minor below the age of 12 years
- Minor more than 12 years old can operate the account independently
- Earn 4% interest on the account balance every quarter
- A Visa Classic debit card is generally issued along with an EasyAccess savings account
- Daily withdrawal limit of Rs. 40,000 at ATM and Rs. 1,00,000 for Shopping transactions
- First 5 transactions free at Axis Bank ATM's and 3 free for Non-Axis bank ATM's
- EasyAccess savings accounts opened in Metro cities require a minimum opening deposit of Rs 10,000
Eligibility criteria to open a Join Easy Acces Savings account:
- An individual residing in India
- A Hindu Undivided Family
Documents required for Joint Easy Access Savings account provided by Axis Bank:
- Two latest passport size photographs.
- Address and identity proof documents for both applicants
- Address proof can be only of the First holder of the account, as long as it is supplemented by a relationship proof between both holders
- If mailing address and permanent address are different, provide address proof documents for both.
The joint account holders can operate the AXIS Joint Bank Account in following ways:
- Transaction can be done by any single user
- It can be done by both of the users also
- Any changes in bank account must be confirmed by all the account holders
- In case of minor joint account, only the natural guardian can operate the account
AXIS Bank also provides the facility of selecting a nominee in the case of opening the AXIS Joint Bank Account.
You may also like to read : How to transfer money online through Axis Bank Internet Banking Facility
In this case, the account holders should abide by the following rules and regulations:
- The account holders can select only one person as the nominee
- Modification of nomination can be done
- Any modification of nomination should be done in presence of all account holders
- They can select a minor as their nominee also
- In case of death of any of the account holders, all the account balances with interests will also be received by the nominee
Looking to apply for Personal Loan : Click the link about Axis Bank Personal Loan