An Academic Certificate is given for students to certify that someone has passed a test or reached a specific standard of knowledge. The goals of Academic Certificate are,
- To improve students’ ability to read and analyze carefully- The Academic Certificate gives the great attention because it is very difficult to categorize. So, students will read and analyze carefully.
- To promote students’ facility with the written word-
- To engage students in a conversation on fundamental questions of human life- Students should ask themselves various questions like what is the structure of the universe, what is the human nature, what is love, what is justice and what does it require of us. Even if students do not find answers to those questions and learn only how to ask the questions then they will definitely accomplish a great goal.
- To provide students with a superior background for graduate school- Graduate programs wants the students who have knowledge in key primary texts areas such as philosophy, literature, and the sciences. Those texts are the foundation of all disciplines in the liberal arts.
- To prepare students better for today’s careers specific skills learned in college often become less useful within several years of graduation, and people may change jobs or professions several times in the course of their lives. The program will help students to develop an intellectual strength that will allow them to maintain a variety of jobs more successfully.
- To reward students’ achievements with scholarships and other honors- Students who excel in the program should be more competitive for national scholarships and honors.
- To encourage integration of students’ academic and social activities such as a lecture series and on- and off-campus reading groups will encourage shared experiences in learning.