Address Change Passport
If there is a change of address in Indian Passport, then it is always recommended that you apply for change of address in your nearest passport office.Reasons for change of Address in Passport
- If your passport is lost or stolen then the people who find it can immediately contact you at the address given in the passport. If the address is changed then it will be difficult for them to contact you.
- In case of emergency while you are traveling it will be easy to contact your family members at the address given in the passport.
Passport Application Form for Change of Address
There are two ways to get a passport application form, one is to register online and take a print out of the application form and second is to directly get the application form from nearest passport office or speed post centers.
As the passport application form is machine readable, there are some guidelines to fill in the application form.
- Use Capital letters only.
- Use black or blue ball pen only.
- Leave on box after completing a word while filling in the boxes.
- Write clearly in the boxes with out touching the boundaries.
- Adjust the information to fit in the given number of boxes.
- Do not write anything outside the box. Avoid over-writing.
- Complete the applications in full.
Apply for Change of Name in Passport
If you have registered online then you will be given a appointment date and time, you need to submit the printed application form in the passport office at the given date and time. The passport application can be submitted at
- The counter of the passport office
- The speed post centers
- District passport cells
- Passport collection centers
An application for a passport may be submitted personally or through a representative carrying an authority letter.
For people who have an urgency to travel and need passport there is a tatkal scheme in which passport is issued less time than the normal procedure with change of Address. There will an additional fee for applying under tatkal scheme.