Adoption services in India help the families without children to become parents by adopting the homeless kids. The adaptation laws and regulations though change with time but this process is continued in the society of the country for many years. But before the execution of the adoption services the couple will have to go the clearances and legally available options.
In the year 2008 during the month of April Dillon International put a hold on the new applicants for the India Program in expectation of the CARA in New Delhi to issue the new guidelines for adoption from the country. Till date those have not been issued in spite of sharing two drafts with the agencies. It is expected that the new guidelines will be implemented soon.
For the Adoption services there are certain requirements which are to be followed by the families. Those are:
- The married couple should be between the ages of 28 to 401 at the time of application.
- The maximum difference of age between the husband and wife should be 15 years.
- The first marriages must be within 3 years and the second marriages must be minimum 5 years.
- One past divorce is only acceptable.
- The family should not have more than 3 children.
- US citizens are also allowed to adopt within this program.
The adoption services also have some rules regarding the children. Those are:
- Both boys and girls are available for adoption.
- The families should not be biased with gender.
- The families should be open to the basic medical needs of the children.
To adopt the children there are certain procedures to be followed:
- The families should submit their applications to Dillon International.
- They will have to wait for approximately 1 – 2 years for the referral of a child.
- Another 5 – 7 months will have to be accepted for the parents to receive the legal documents to receive the guardianship.
- Families will have to travel to Kolkata to receive their child.
- They will have to abide by the Indian adoption laws and adoption costs.