Airport services are vested with the duties and responsibilities of developing and maintaining procedures and standards in handling the passengers in the airports and their luggage and bags. The airport services are also responsible for the IATAs Tutorial Grounds Handling Standards.
The airport services include all the general and direction managements for the activities and the financial performances of airport.
The main activities included in the airport services are:Operations of airline and aircraft – It includes Commercial fuel working group, engineering and maintenance groups, flight operations group, in-flight services etc.
- Airport and air navigation services – It includes Airport and ATC work groups, invoice standards taskforce, industry taxation groups etc.
- Cargo and finance – Includes cargo committee, cargo data interchange taskforce, cargo services conference, airline economic taskforce, financial committee, etc.
- Commercial and passenger activities – Include baggage working group, in flight services, traffic conference, etc.
- Travel and tourism – Include travel partners and standards council.
- Security and safety – Include safety data management analysis, airside safety group, oversight committee etc.
- Regulations and the policies – Include fuel data standards, industry affairs committee etc.
- Simplification of the business – Include joint passenger ticketing committee and common use self service management group.
The main functions included in the Airport services are:To control and manage the airspace extending beyond the limits of the territory of the country.
- Purveying of Communicating and Navigational aids viz. ILS, DVOR, DME, Radar, etc.
- To maintain and operate the international and the domestic airports and the civil enclaves at the Defense airports.
- Management and development of international cargo terminals.
- Supplying with provisions of passenger facilitation and information system.
- Provisioning of visual aids.