Airtel started their 3G services from Bangalore in India. Mainly there are two kinds of service plans, namely
1. Basic Tariff plans
2. Standard Tariff plans
Furthermore, Basic Tariff plans have 4 extra plans.
- Default Plan: By default if you have enabled 3G services on your handset, you will continue with the same charges, data limit and validity as you had when you were using GPRS services.
- Sachet Plan (Rs.9): Opting for the Rs. 9 sachet plan will give you a data limit of 10MB and validity till midnight of the same day. Going over the data limit will cost you 30p/20kb.
- Sachet Plan (Rs. 45): The Rs. 45 sachet plan is time-based and will last you 30 minutes of usage.
- Sachet Plan (Rs. 60): This plan has a data limit of 65MB with a validity of 3 days. After exceeding data limit usage you will be charged at the same rate per kilo bytes as the default plan.
In all Standard Plans, after crossing the data limit, your extra charges will revert back to the default charges (30p/20KB or Rs. 15/Mb) and you get 30 days of validity.
- Standard Plan (Rs. 103): data limit- 100MB.
- Standard Plan (Rs. 200): data limit- 250MB
- Standard Plan (Rs. 450): data limit- 600MB
- Standard Plan (Rs. 750): data limit- 2GB
Activate Airtel 3G on your Mobile
To activate the Airtel 3G service on your Mobile you need to send a SMS '3G' to 121, If you had any previous 2G Data Plan it will be de-activated and “Pay As You Go” 3G Data Plan will be activated which will charge all data access for 30 paise / 20 KB or Rs. 15/MB.