India’s largest telecommunication services, the third largest in the world has subscribers over 180 million, headed by Sunil Bharti Mittal (MD) and Sanjay Kapoor (CEO).Airtel was founded on July 7 th 1995 and has it s headquarters in New Delhi, India. It has its worldwide presence in countries like Africa; Bangladesh and Sri-Lanka.The products offered by Airtel are wireless, telephone, internet and satellite television.
Services offered by AirtelSubscription services: You can now subscribe for alerts on education, agriculture and entertainment from your mobile.
Sms “SUB MENU” to 54321(toll free) to know about all the services. Priced at Rs 30 per month
To unsubscribe Sms UNSUB <service code> to 54321.Ex: UNSUB NEWS to 54321
- Another essential service provided is that of Norton smart phone security which comes in a package of anti-virus, firewall and anti-spam.
It can be subscribed via Sms –Sms “NORTON” to 56060, price Rs 10 per week.Call Management Services: It gives you features like call conferencing. Call waiting, call divert and missed call alerts.
- Call conferencing-you can add up to 6 people even when others are land line users
- Call forward-You can now forward your calls to another mobile or land line when you are unable to attend the calls.
- Missed call alerts-You do not have to miss any calls even your mobile is unreachable or even switched off, you will be alerted by the details of the caller with an Sms when you turn on your mobile.
- Dial a service: All the numbers are available in your phone book from the railway inquiry to ordering food; all you need to do is dial.
- STD or ISD Codes: Look up for any STD or ISD code, just type STD or ISD and Sms to 1111
- Phone Back up service: No more worrying about losing the important data like contact numbers, notes, calendar entries, protect them all with Airtel phone back up.
Sms “BACK UP” to 57057 (toll free) and instructions would be sent to your mobile. Charges Rs 30 per month.
To unsubscribe Sms “UNSUB” to 57057 and then send conformation YES when again asked.
Airtel s 3G services: Airtel also provides 3G experience to it’s subscribers but to enjoy this service your mobile should be 3G enabled to experience video conferencing, face to face talks with your loved ones ,download e mails with large attachments and games and a whole world of entertainment to experience.
Airtel DTH services: It has newly launched its DTH service with superior picture quality and sound and has unique features; it gives you a variety of options to choose from.
Any queries can be mailed to digitalTV@airtel.in
For all further inquiries you can call 121 or 198 customer care help line for airtel.