- What is PAN Number
- What is Form 49A
- How to Apply for PAN Card
- Requirements for PAN Card Application
- Documents that have to be submitted are
- How to Fill PAN Card form Online
- How to Apply for PAN CARD via agents
- How to Track PAN Card Application Status
- Rules, Regulations and Laws Regarding PAN Card Number
What is PAN Number
Permanent Account Number is a ten digit alphanumeric number (BZ2XXXXXXX) issued by the income tax department of India. It is mandatory to quote the PAN, while filing income tax, financial transactions, deposit of more than 50,000 in any bank or Post offices.
What is Form 49A
UTITSL (UTI bank), has been authorised to provide forms (Form 49A) for new PAN cards. The PAN forms should not cost you more than Rs. 5-10. You can also download the PAN form or apply online from www.utitsl.co.in. Filled in applications can be handed over back to the UTIISL authority at a nominal fee of Rs. 94.
How to Apply for PAN Card
- You can apply for a PAN CARD online
- You can apply for a PAN CARD through an agent.
- You can get the form 49A through UTI or Income Tax office
Requirements for PAN Card Application
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Any person, irrespective of his age making any money is needed to have his own PAN card. Even if his/her age is below legal age of 18 and/or the earnings are below Tax limit, still the person is required to have a PAN Card.
One can plan to have an individual PAN CARD or a joint PAN CARD. Individual PAN CARD is for those individuals who do not an income on joint business. You can even plan to apply for a joint PAN CARD, if you own a joint business.
Documents that have to be submitted are
- Form 49A, duly filled in and signed
- Identity proof (passport/ration card/voter id card/driving license)
- Address Proof (telephone bill/electricity bill/passport/ration card/voter id card)
- Two Photographs (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm)
- Warm number/range/income tax accessing officer number (available in the acknowledgement of last return filed)
The duly filled Form 49A, along with the required proofs should be submitted to the UTITSL officers. Once the application is verified, the PAN card will be dispatched within a fortnight. Errors found in the issued PAN card will be attended within the next 10 business days.
How to Fill PAN Card form Online
- One can download the application of PAN CARD via the mentioned url below. Download Pan Card Application Form
- Now after taking a print out of the application form, fill all the fields of the form very carefully.
- The details should be the same as the details given on your passport of voter id.
- The signature should be of same style like before.
- And send the completed application form to the address mentioned below, with a demand draft of Rs.85(in the favor of income tax PAN SERVICE unit, payable at pune), and a local address proof attached with the application form.
Address : 'Income Tax PAN Services Unit, National Securities Depository Limited, 3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune - 411045'.
- Also make a note of the Application Number for further reference.
- Then you can check the status of your application by entering the application number in the url PAN Card Application status tracker
- Once your PAN CARD is ready, it will be sent to your permanent postal address via speed post within 20 days.
How to Apply for PAN CARD via agents
Most of the CAs as well as various freelance agents assist people to fill their PAN Card application. You can find such agents through yellowpages or searching online.
- Agent carry the form with them so you don't have to get it from UTI.
- Fill the form correctly, and then give a copy of local address proof.
- Agents normally charge Rs 50 to Rs 300 for the Pan card application form filing and submitting.
- Your PAN CARD will be sent to your postal address within 20 days.
- Also make sure to note down the application number to keep a track on the status of your application form.
How to Track PAN Card Application Status
You can track the status of your PAN card by entering the form details like the application number, coupon number and applicant’s name in the UTITSL website or by sending an SMS “PAN acknowledgement number” to 53030. (Acknowledgement number will be provided at the time of submission.)
Rules, Regulations and Laws Regarding PAN Card Number
- The database of the information filled in the PAN form remains with the government and UTITSL cannot use it for any other purpose.
- Obtaining more than one PAN is against the law.
- Avoiding PAN numbers or Failing to declare the tax is also against the law.
For information on PAN Card and how to apply for Pan card, you can refer to Apply PAN Card