How To Apply for Passport in Kolkata
Passport is an essential document for any citizen of any country. It is an evidence of identity. Passport used as a verification document for opening an account in bank, or for applying for PAN card or to get a credit card from any bank.
Things that the applicants need while applying for Passport
- Indian citizen residing In Kolkata will require obtaining the specific application form from the office of the Regional Passport Officer, located at 4, Brabourne Rood, Kolkata 700001, West Bengal for having passport.
- The applicants have to take 4-5 passport size photographs that to be attached in the form.
- The applicant must carry color 3.5 x 3.5. the photograph must not be black and white or dark or hazy. Computerized print photographs not allowed and the form may be rejecting due to this.
- Out of four photographs, three must show full view of the face, as they will be fixed on the form.
- The applicants must use recent photographs. The photographs must be in proper size so that they will fit in the given boxes
- The applicants must carry all documents that will proof the age, name and address.
- Do not forget to take the mark sheet of Class X as it contains the age proof of applicant. One must also take the mark sheet of Class XII.
- The applicants must fill the form very carefully and do not make any mistakes as it will create lots of confusion and hassles. The applicants must use Capital letters while filling the name of the applicants, parents’ name, and permanent address.
Rejection of passport
- The passport can be rejected for many reasons. It has bee seen that the application is rejected due to improper /incorrect information, wrong spellings of the name.
- Once the applicants fill up the form they will submit in the Regional passport office in Kolkata and after some weeks, an inspector from Police department will come for verification. There some formalities and after a specific time the applicants will get passport.
Agencies that help to get the passport in Kolkata
1.Chennai Medi- Tour and Travels
Address 69/1/2/5a, Near BIG Bazaar, Raja S C Mullick Road (Naktala), Naktala, Kolkata – 700047
2 Thomas Cook
Address: 19b, Shakespeare Sarani, Lord Sinha Road Kolkata 700071.
3 Moonal Consultant Pvt Limited
Address; 6, Gandhi House, & Flr, near Chandni Metro Stn, Ganesh Chandra Avenue, New Market, Kolkata 700013.
4 Sneha Enterprise
Address: 63, Ground floor, Lenin Sarani, Dharmatala, Kolkata 700013.
Address: P 198, block B, Lake Town, Kolkata 700089.
6 Ridhi Sidhi Online travel
Address 16, Near Sri Krishna Cinema Hall, Tara Chand Dutta Street, Chittaranjan Avenue, Kolkata 700073.
The applicants can also apply directly in the given address:
Regional Passport Office,
4, Brabourne Road,
Information about the fees structure of the passport
- Rs 1000/- is charged for fresh passport and it contains 36 pages.Validity: 10 years.
- Rs 1500/- is charged for fresh passport and it contains 60 pages.Validity:10years.
- Rs 600/- is charged for fresh minor passport and it contains 30 pages.Validity: 10 years.
- Rs 2500/- is charged for duplicate passport.
- Rs 1000/- is charged for alteration or modification of the name, address, place of birth, name of parents or local guardian.