Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Hoarse Voice and Mouth Infection
- Mix seeds of green cardamom (chhoti illaichi) along with 1 tablespoon honey. Eat every day.
- Add 2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds to 6 cups of water. Heat on low flame for 15-20 minutes. Cool to bearable temperature. Strain and gargle with this, 2-3 times a day.
- Heat a cup of milk till warm. Add 1-2 pinches of turmeric powder (Haldi), mix well and drink at night.
- Just extract the juice of 10 tulsi leaves, add a little of honey and lick it. Just a small spoon full quantity of this solution will soothen your throat nerves and your voice will be again sweet.
- Powder dried mint (Pudina). Use as tooth powder.
- Soak 1 tablespoon crushed liquorice (mulathi) root in 2 cups of water for 2 to 3 hours and use it for gargling frequently.
- Use neem twigs as toothpaste.
- Powder the dried mint (Pudina) leaves. Use as toothpowder.
- Boil some cinnamon (dalchini) in a cup of water. Store it in a clean bottle in your bathroom. Use it as a mouth wash frequently.
- Parsley leaves are rich in chlorophyll, nature’s own deodorizer. Chew some leaves regularly and your breath will remain fresh. Alternatively, you can chew some cardamom seeds (illaichi) to sweeten your breath. Chew some fennel seeds frequently.
- Chew a piece of cinnamon (dalchini) put in a betel leaf (paan ka patta).
- Tea made by boiling 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi dana) taken twice or thrice a day. A little honey or lemon juice can be added to improve the flavor.