BSNL 3G, like any other 3G services available in the Indian market, is sought after for its advanced features like lightning fast Internet browsing and amazing download speed. BSNL 3G speed may vary depending on the handset used, 3G network coverage in that area, network traffic and total number of users accessing 3G at any given point of time. Following are the BSNL 3G speed when all conditions are optimum.
BSNL 3G Download Speed
MobileBSNL 3G offers download speed comparable to broadband wire connection. Normally the download speed for 3G mobile service is better than 384Kbps.
3G Data Card
Linktop LW272 : This Single band data card offers upload and download speed upto 3.6 MBps.
Linktop LW273 : This tri band card features upload speed upto 7.2 MBps.
Option / GTMAX featuring Qualcom chipset 7200: This Single band card offers download and upload speed upto 3.6 MBPs
Globe Trotter HSUPA: This tri band data card features download speed upto 7.2MBps.
Micromax MMX 300G: This USB data card offers upto 3.6MBPS download and 384 kbps upload speed.
Micromax E156G: This USB type data card offers speed upto 3.6MBps.
Huawei E156: This USB type data card offers speed upto 3.6MBps.
Huawei E176: This data card offers download speed upto 7.2MBps.
SimU6T: This USB type data card offers speed upto 3.6MBps.
Merlin X950D: This express card offers download speed upto 7.2MBps and upload speed upto 2.1 MBps.
Sierra Wireless AirCard 875 : This 3G data card offers download speed upto 3.6 Mbps and upload speed upto 184kbps.
Tips to increase BSNL 3G speedIf you are having BSNL 3G speed issue, you can try following things:
- Download the latest software updates for your handset.
- If your mobile or 3G card is getting warm, then it is not getting optimum signal and it is frequently switching between 2G and 3G. So, you may experience speed issues. To rectify this, try to shift to a location in your house where there is better signal.
- Approach an open window or balcony for better signal reception.
- Disable the programs that continuously claims bandwidth share like background program, automatic updates, messenger services etc.
- For USB modems, use an extension to place the card in an area where signal reception is better.
- To increase the speed of uTorrent, decrease the network bandwidth allocated to windows from 20% to zero percent.
- When a port is available for external antenna, use an antenna for 3G devices. This ensures better and efficient signal reception.
- You can also try out a 3G compatible signal booster for stronger signal and better speed.
If you are having BSNL 3G speed problems, you can contact BSNL customer care at 1800 180 1503 or 1503 and submit a complaint.