Pune has a great food culture and all kinds of varieties and tastes of different cuisines are available at a stone’s throw. Right from traditional Pune dishes to dishes from different parts of India as well as from different parts of world are made available through its many restaurants. Some of the best restaurants in Pune are listed below:
1. Arthur’s Theme – It is one of best and the only French restaurants in Pune and is located in the popular Koregaon Park area. Having a capacity to server over 80 customers at a time, this restaurant has established itself and got a distinguished position in a short span of time.
Cheese and mushroom specialties like Julien and Queen Marchell is a favorite among the customers who indulge in vegetarian delights while Luda and Issabelle are the most loved dishes for non-vegetarians which contain unique recipes including fish and prawns. It is open everyday till 11pm.
2. Whispering Bamboo – Located in the Taj Blue Diamond, this is one of the top class restaurants in Pune. It is an elegant restaurant decorated to reflect Oriental culture and provides very high quality delicious Chinese and Thai food. The food is prepared in coordination of Chef Wong Wen who inculcates primary oriental flavors to his dishes.
This restaurant is open for lunches from 12:30 pm - 03:00 pm and for dinners from 07:00 pm - 11:45 pm. Reservations before visiting are recommended.
3. La Pizzeria – Located at Hotel Srimaan, this restaurant gives a glimpse of ‘Little Italy’ and is considered to be one of the best Italian restaurants in Pune and one of the finest Italian vegetarian restaurant in the World. It offers a wide variety of Italian and continental cuisine and fine wine.
It is situated on the BundGarden road, it is a chain of restaurants all over India and Dubai. Reservations before visiting are recommended.
4. Pyramisa – This is a multi-cuisine restaurant and promised to provide a very fine dining experience to its customers. It is located inside the Corinthians hotel and offers Chinese, Continental and Indian food. Marwadi and Gujarati cuisines are signature cuisines of this restaurant.
There are International and regional food festivals held from time to time to share the flavors from around the world. The restaurant has a well stocked bar with special cocktails.
5. Vaishali – This restaurant is not a very huge one but is the main spot and hub of activity for food lovers. Located on Fergusson College Road, this restaurant is one of the best restaurants in Pune that serve South Indian food.
It is a favorite among college students, job goers and journalists. It is very reasonably priced and serves mouth smacking South Indian dishes. Cheerful atmosphere makes it a very interesting place to eat.
Kokam drink and huge masala dosas are a specialty there. It is open daily till 11pm.