Best Rules of Ayurveda for taking Food
- Ayurveda method of taking food is very important. The food should be warm and fresh.
- The time of taking it is also important. It sends signals through saliva and gastric juices to the mind and to the body.
- The final output of food is ojas, which is the nectar of the food. The smell, sight, touch and hearing send signals to higher level.
- One should be calm and in good mood while taking food.
- Any disturbance at the dining table is bound to produce ill effects on digestion, even though one takes homologous food, it will become bad for the body.
- One must take satvic type of food for good nourishment.
- T have given below fifteen golden rules in order to get maximum benefits from the food you take.
- Therefore, one must adhere to these rules without fail.
Rules of Ayurveda for taking Food
1. Sit down and eat.
2. Eat in calm atmosphere.
3. Eat when you feel hungry.
4. Do not converse with other’s while taking food.
5. Eat in a balanced way, neither too slow nor too fast.
6. Eat only at a specific time.
7. Eat food which is fresh.
8. Eat with six tastes (shadras) if possible.
9. Never eat when you are in hurry or excited.
10. Eat properly cooked food.
11. Avoid old stale food.
12. Drink warm water either with meal or aftermeals.
13. Eat only three-fourths of the stomach and leave one quarter empty for early digestion.
14. Drink buttermilk after meals.
15. Sit for some time after meals so that food settles down properly.