Bharath Engineering College, Chennai was established in the year 1984 by Sri Lakshmi Ammal Education Trust; this college is later named as Bharat Institute of Science & Technology (BIST). due to its excellent performace and work in area of technical education, college is awarded the university status in 2003 and so Bharat Engineering college is now a constituent college of Bharath University.
Courses Offered at Bharat Engineering College:
Under Graduate Programs:
- B.Tech Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech Industrial Bio-Technology B.Tech - Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech Information Technology
- B.Tech Bio-Informatics
- B.Tech Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Tech Electronics Telecommunication Engineering
- B.Tech Computer Software Engineering
- B.Tech Leather Technology
- B.Arch Architecture
Post Graduate Programs:
- M.B.A - Master of Business Administration (Full / Part Time)
- M.C.A - Master of Computer Applications
- M.Tech - Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech - Automobile Engineering
- M.Tech - Power Electronics and Drives
- M.Tech - Power System Engineering
- M.Tech - Computer Aided Design
- M.Tech - VLSI Design
- M.Tech - Applied Electronics
- M.Tech - Embedded Technology
- M.Tech - Digital Communication and Networking
- M.Tech - Bio-Informatics
- M.Tech - Information Technology
- M.Tech - Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- M.Tech - Bio-Medical Engineering
- M.Tech - Thermal Engineering
- M.Tech - Computer and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech - Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- M.Tech - Construction Engineering & Management
- M.Tech - Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech - High Voltage Engineering
- M.Tech - Machine Design
- M.Tech - Software Engineering
- M.Tech - Structural Engineering
- M.Tech - Industrial Bio-Technology
- Ph.D Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph.D Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Ph.D Business Administration (Full / Part Time)
Bharath Engineering College Admission Procedure:
B.Tech Programs (Biotechnology / Bio-Informatics / Bio-Medical): Candidate should be 10+2 pass with minimum 60% marks in Physics, chemistry and Biology subjects.
B.Tech (All other streams): Candidate should be 10+2 pass in PCM subjects with minimum 60% marks.
Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria have to clear the entrance test conducted by university. Admissions will be made based on the merit list of entrance test and qualifying exam marks.
B.Arch: Candidate need to appear in NATA entrance test and admission will be done based on NATA score.
M.Tech: Candidate should be graduate in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent and should clear the entrance exam conducted by the university. Candidates having valid gate score need not to appear in AIEEE.
MCA: Candidate should be graduate with mathematics as one of the subject in graduation and should clear the entrance test.
MBA: Candidate should be graduate in any stream and should have cleared the entrance exam.
Placements at Bharath Engineering College:
College has very well organized training & Placement division.Bharath Engineering college students are recruited by Top Multinational and national companies .
Regular Recruiters of Bharath Engineering College are:
Aig Solutions, Accenture, Bimetal bearings, Cognizant , BSNL, Dell computers, Satyam Computers , ITDC, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, L & T, HDFC Bank, HP , Honda motors and many more.
Bharath Engineering College Contact Details:Bharath Engineering College
- 173, Agaram Road
Ph no (University): + 91 - 44 - 2229 0742, 2229 0125.
Ph no (for admissions): + 91 - 44 - 2229 0247, 2440 4699,2445 3414
Fax: + 91 - 44 - 2229 3886