Bharat Sanchar Nigam
Bharat Sanchar Nigam has 42 training centers which includes 3 Apex level Training centers viz.
- Advanced level training center (ALTTC) at Ghaziabad (estd. In 1975 with the assistance of UNDP and ITU is a ISO 9001:2000 certified institute).
- Bharat Ratna Bhim Rao Ambedkar Institute of Telecom Training (BRBRAITT) at Jabalpur (is also ISO 9001:2000 Certified).
- National Academy of Telecom Finance and Management (NATFM) at Hyderabad.
- Center for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) is the Telecom Research and Development Center of the Govt. of India. C-DOT develops total telecom solutions, technologies and applications for the fixed- line, mobile and Packed- based converged networks and services.
- C-DOT’s current focus is on projects for defense and security agencies, developing systems for packed based next generation networks including migration solutions.
- Wireless planning and Coordination (WPC) Wing, established in 1952, is the national radio regulatory authority responsible for coordination and regulation of radio spectrum usages in the country.
- It is a nodal agency for all matters concerning International Telecommunication Union (ITU), a Tele community (APT), an inter- governmental organization of the region.
- It is responsible for all matters concerning assignment of frequencies for all terrestrial, Geo- stationary Satellite Orbit (GSO) and Non- GSO based satellite networks, including positions in GSO and necessary coordination in this regard both at national and international levels.
- The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), was formed on 1st October 2000 by corporatization of the erstwhile Department of Telecom Services.
- BSNL is the 7th largest telecom company in the world.
- It launched a unique service for the remote areas called “Grammin Sanchar Sevak Scheme”. BSNL has launched its Broadband service in March 2005. It is 100% Govt. of India owned PSU. BSNL is the largest telecom provider in India having over 32% of market share.