Having birth certificate is very important because it is an essential document that can be used during verification. It is used as the supporting document when you apply for passport, visa or any such procedure. It is a legal document which act as a proof of your residence and your real name in the place where you born. It is important that before applying for birth certificate, you need to register your child within 21 days to the nearest municipal birth certificate office. Birth certificate can be issued from hospital or from municipal office, both can be convenient.
Applying birth certificate in Mumbai
- The birth certificate in Mumbai can be applied by visiting nearest office of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai, which is also the birth certificate issuing authority in Mumbai.
- You need to first register the name of child by filling the form that can get from the office by paying Rs 5/-. The cost can range from time to time.
- After getting registered, the birth certificate application form can be taken from hospital or from Municipal Corporation office.
- Candidate has to provide all the details regarding name, place where child was born, mother and father name, hospitals name where child was born and residence address.
- The birth certificate will have a stamp of Municipal officer if applied from such authority or doctor name and hospital stamp if applied through hospital.
- you need to wait for few days which will informed by the officer to collect the certificate.
Applying birth certificate in Mumbai through online
- Birth certificate in Mumbai can be applied through online by logging into the official website of www.mcgm.gov.in where you can check whether the name is being registered or not. if the information is right then you can fill the form.
- You need to provide all the details while filling the form online. The format of the form will be same as the actual form.
- You can pay the form amount through online by providing your address so that the birth certificate will be delivered.
However, there are also some other website where you can apply for birth certificate but make sure the website is registered in Mumbai and licensed to the MCGM. The online system of MCGM for birth certificate is not provided and hence you need to visit CFC to get the certificate.