Ways to book Indian railway ticket
- You can book railway ticket via online
- You can book railway ticket via travel agents
- You can book railway ticket offline in person.
How to Book Indian railway ticket Online
- Log on to www.irctc.co.in , if you are a first time user you have to first open an user account here. This user account enables you to book online railways ticket.
- After opening an account in this website, log on to site using the same credentials.
- Now you will be redirected to your profile login.
- Click on “plan my travel” link and fill the application form to book the ticket.
- The details entered here should be valid as these details will be printed on your e-ticket.
- After the successful transaction, your ticket will be emailed to your personal email id mentioned in the train ticket booking form.
- You can even print your e-ticket by clicking on my transaction link at the same above site. Here you can find out the list of successful booking history.
- Click on the ticket reference number which you would like to print, and press on the print button.
Note: If you are making an online railway ticket booking, you need to carry an identity proof at the time of the journey,
Book Indian railway tickets via travel agents
- You can get your railway ticket booked via any of the nearest travel agents of your area.
- Travel agents give you both the options of online or offline booking.
- You can choose your favorite booking option and ask for ticket booking.
- you can also book the ticket from Best Travel Agents in India
Book Indian railway tickets in person
- You can visit your nearby railway station and make the railway ticket booking.
- You have collect an application form for booking the ticket from booking center, and fill in the details.
- Next step is to stand in the queue and get the ticket booked.
Note: If you are not aware of the train number, you can refer train detail board fixed near the booking center.
Contact information of Indian Railways
For more information on Indian railways or to file complain on failed transaction you can send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 24 Hrs. Customer Support at: 011-39340000
Fax no. 011-23345900