The booking for Tatkal Tickets starts from 2 days before the train starts. They cost more and once booked, you can not cancel Tatkal Tickets
How to Book Tatkal Tickets
- A tatkal ticket can be booked only before 48 hours of the journey date.
- One can’t book tatkal ticket before that.
- Tatkal ticket fare is normally 30% more than the ticket’s base fare.
- Tatkal ticket once booked, can’t be cancelled for any reason.
Different ways to book tatkal ticket
- Tatkal ticket can be booked online
- Tatkal ticket can be booked in person.
- Tatkal ticket can be booked via travel agents.
Book Tatkal tickets online
- Tatkal Reservation Timings are from 8.onwards up to 11 p.m.
- Remember that tatkal booking can be done two days before the journey only.
- Log on to www.irctc.co.in and log in through your credentials.
- If you do not have an account in this site, you must open an account because without an account on this site, you will not be capable to book railway tickets.
- After successful login click on the link “Plan my travel”.
- Fill the train ticket booking online form and click on the quota of booking as “Tatkal”.
- After successful transaction your e-ticket will be emailed to your personal id.
- You can take a printout of the ticket through your by fetching it from personal mail id inbox.
- Sometimes there are chances that you may not get your e-ticket on personal id, if that happens you can take a print out of the ticket from IRCTC account.
- Go to my transaction link and get your ticket printed out.
Bookt Tatkal Tickets in person
- You can visit your nearest railway station and get your tatkal ticket booked.
- You need to fill the application form and submit it to the railway ticket booking counter.
- Remember if your tatkal ticket waiting list is not cleared till the date of journey your ticket money will not refunded for any cost.
Book tatkal tickets through travel agents
- You can get your tatkal ticket booked via various travel agents around you.
- All you need to do is give the personal information of the traveler.
- Your agent will be booking ticket for you with some additional processing fees along with the ticket fees.
For more information on online booking and ticket cancel you can call: 011-39340000, 044-25300000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.