Read Book Indian Railway Ticket too.
Before booking train tickets in India, you need to know from which train you want to travel.
How to find the trains between stations and find the train number
- You can log on to www.indianrailways.gov.in and click on the trains between stations.
- Next step is to fill the from and to fields of the page along with the date of journey.
- Now you will be redirected to new page which displays the list of all trains between entered stations.
- Knowing the train number in advance helps you make quick train booking.
Different ways for Booking Train Ticket India
Indian Railways offers multiple ways to book train tickets
- Book train ticket via online
- Book train ticket in person
- Book train ticket via travel agents.
- Book Train Ticket by visiting local railway station.
Booking Train Ticket Online
- Log on to www.irctc.co.in and go to your personal account. If you are first time user of this site, then you must open your personal account on this site for train ticket booking.
- After logging in, if you are aware of train number you can straight away go to “Quick Book” link and get your train ticket booked instantly.
- If you are not aware of your train number then click on “Plan My travel” link. This link helps you find out the train number between required stations and get the ticket booked.
- Your e-ticket will be posted to your personal email id.
- You can also take a print out of your ticket by clicking on my transaction link.
Note; If the ticket is booked online, you must carry an identity proof at the time of journey.
Booking Train Ticket in PersonYou can visit nearest railway station and get your train ticket booked. All you need to do is, fill the ticket application form and submit it to the booking counter.
Book Train ticket via travel agents
You can get your train ticket booked by any of the local travel agents. To find out best travel agents across India visit Best Travel Agents in India
Check the PNR status of your Train Ticket
In order to track the PNR status of your train ticket you can log on to http://www.indianrail.gov.in/pnr_Enq.html and enter your PNR number. Then you will be able to check the current status of your ticket.
For more information on online booking you can call 011-39340000, 044-25300000 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.