People sometimes want to buy used cars if available for a good price and a good condition. But before buying used cars the customer should check the value of the used car. The buyer should check if all the parts of the car are ok, if there is any damage. He/she should make sure that the person from whom the old car is being brought is not deceptive or fraud. Certain things are very important for the customer to know who will buy used cars.
Steps to be followed prior to Buy Used Cars
- Before buying the car the customer should search for a good deal in used car. He/she should make sure how long the car will be used, if he/she can bear the insurance, operation, maintenance, and repair cost.
- If budget is the first priority then buyer should choose a small car rather than larger car. A larger car will have higher maintenance costs like fuel and tyres and spares will need more money. The best bet is to look for something almost new i.e. a car not more two years.
- The test drive is an important part of the procedure. Test driving the car on different types of roads to make sure the engine starts properly and there are no noises or vibrations.
- The customer who will buy used car shall definitely examine the exterior and interior of the car. He/she should check the liens and check the serial number on the Vehicle registration card.
- The user should know how much service the car gives during night driving and driving in the rain. As these situations are more accident prone the car should be in proper condition with proper brakes and gears, clean head lamps tail lamps, indicators. All these things must be in full working condition.
- The customer should ask for the car's maintenance papers from the owner, dealer, or repair shop. He/she should inspect the car by a hired mechanic.
Precautions for customers who are to Buy Used Cars
- While buying used cars people often think that it will be cheaper and easier to get. But it is not always right to look for the cheapest car. The cheapest one may not be the best one. It is better to opt for the best deal at a reasonable price. If the car is not properly maintained then the customer may have to spend more amount for the maintenance. So it is better to check properly first.
- Buying a used car means investing an amount of money with a bit of risk. So while doing this the customer should check the reviews showing which car last long, how much user friendly it remains after a certain time period, chances for the car to break down, the maintenance costs etc.
- The customer should collect the history of the car and should also try to know if it had been restored after any serious damage.It is not safe for the customer to believe what the seller is saying. Until and unless customer is sure of the car's condition he/she should not make the deal.
- Lastly the customer should also be careful while doing the paper work prior to buy used cars. He/she should be sure that there are no registered liens against the car. It is also necessary to check the check the Registration Authorities to ensure the car is not a stolen one.
There are various Indian companies which provide this service and some of them are listed below:
1: Mahindra First Choice Wheels Ltd.
Ground Floor, Dr. G. M. Bhosale Marg,
P. K. Kurne Chowk, Worli,
Mumbai - 400 018.
Toll Free: 1800 102 4800
SMS No. : 5757555
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
2: Sams Auto Trade Pvt Ltd
373, Kaveri Complex
94/104 Nungambakkam High Road
Chennai - 600034
Email: New Customers:info @ carsalesindia.com
Existing Customers:customercare @ carsalesindia.com
3: Automotive Exchange Pvt Ltd,
11th floor, Vishwaroop IT Park,
Sector 30A, Vashi,
Navi Mumbai - 400705
Phone: (022) 6739 8888
Fax: (022) 66459665, 6739 8877
4: Logix Microsystems Limited
177/2C, Bannerghatta Road,
Bangalore-560 076, India.
Telephone: + 91–80–265 85985 / 83873 / 80147Fax: + 91–80–265 80488E-mail: info (at) carazoo.comWebsites: www.[logixworld.com] | [www.izmocars.com] | [www.carazoo.com] | [www.izmolive.com]
5: GirnarSoft Pvt. Ltd.,
207, Adarsh Nagar,
Sardar Bhag Singh Ka Chauraha,
Phone: 91.141-2611889 Mobile No : +91-9928993316
4/B, Diwali Darshan,
M. G. Road, Borivali (East),
Mumbai: 400 066, India.
Mr. Suresh Sharma
Cell: 98201 80468
7: Dr.Car Pvt ltd,
Adjacent to Prasads Imax,
Phone: 040 3051-3051.
8: Fortpoint Automotive (Cars) Pvt. Ltd
Hindustan Mills Compound, Anand Rao Nair Marg,
Saat Rasta, Mahalaxmi,
Mumbai - 400011.
9: Regent Automobiles Pvt. Ltd
B-1/H-1, Mohan Co-Operative Industrial Estate,
New Delhi - 110044.
10: O.S.L. Prestige Pvt. Ltd
The Silver Arcade,
5, J.B.S. Halden Avenue,
Kolkata - 700105.