CEMAT is an entrance test conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University for admission to the Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CEMBA) and Commonwealth Executive Master of Public Administration (CEMPA) programmes. These programmes are designed for highly capable and qualified individuals committed to self-development and a higher level of achievement in their professional lives. The Admission Test (CEMAT) is designed to provide an additional dimension of measurement for the selection of candidates for this rigorous and demanding programme of study.
Be a graduate of a recognized university in India or aboard or have equivalent professional qualification
- Have a minimum two years of post qualification work experience at the supervisory or management level
- Be a resident of India or a Commonwealth country
- Have sound working knowledge of English as the programme is offered only in English
- Candidate should have satisfactory score on the CEMBA/CEMPA admission test
The minimum duration for successful completion of the programme is two years and maximum is five years.
The objectives of the Programmes are to
- Develop quality post-graduate programmes that can be implemented widely in Commonwealth countries and can be recognized across the Commonwealth;
- Enable students in the Commonwealth countries, where the programmes are offered, to obtain Masters degrees in the areas of Business Administration, contributing to their professional growth and career advancement and to their country.s development; and
- Develop human resources
The application form and prospectus can be obtained in person on payment of the required amount in cash or by sending a DD drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
CEMAT consist of multiple choice questions designed to test the applicants’ capabilities in the following spheres :
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
Candidates successfully completing the admission test shall be eligible for admission for the next 2 cycles for which the test scores are valid. After receiving your result card and successfully qualifying the same, you need to fill up the admission form given. Registration for the program shall be valid for 5 years from the date of admission. However, in case the candidate is not able to complete the program within 5 years, he/she will be eligible for re-admission by paying the fee for the balance courses.
CEMAT admission test is conducted twice a year in the month of June and December