The Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission to the First year or First semester of full time courses in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Unani, Homoeopathy, Naturopathy & Yoga, Engineering, Technology and Architecture courses.
- Application Procedure :
- Exam Schedule:
- Marks & Timings
- Admission Procedure:
- Pass in 10+2 from any one of the universities in Karnataka
- A candidate who has passed the second year Pre-University or 12th standard or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages
- Candidates should obtained at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Candidates should have completed 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Brochure with application form will be supplied through the schools and colleges located within the State of Karnataka
The Common Entrance Test will be mostly based on the 12th standard syllabus. Each question paper will be of objective type. There will be no negative markings hence students are expected to attempt all the questions.
Marks & Timings
- Physics and Chemistry contains 120 marks(60 marks each) with 150 minutes duration between 10am-12:30pm
- Mathematics contains 60 marks with 80 minutes duration between 2.00 p.m. and 3.20 p.m.
- Biology contains 60 marks with 80 minutes duration between 4.00 p.m. and 5.20 p.m.
- Admission will be given on the basis of performance of the candidates in the Common Entrance Test and the Qualifying Examination.
- 5% of the Government seats will be reserved in favour of the Kannada medium candidates who have studied TEN full academic years in Kannada medium from 1st Standard to 10th Standard.
CET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test ) are conducted in the month of April.