CMDA stands for Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority. This charter provides the citizens of Chennai the services related to Metropolitan Area. One can get the information about the various tenders through newspapers or at the notice board or through the website for state tender bulletins. Another way tried by the Authority for informing the public is by participating in the exhibitions that are organized under various private organizations for promotion of buildings.
Here is what follows after you have selected the site.
- The site is inspected by the officers of the CMDA.
- If your plan is refused, you have a right to appeal to the Government.
- If any construction in made without the proper permission from the commission, the commission has the authority to seal or lock it or even demolish it.
- If there are any changes that are required or suggested in the plan, then the plan has to be re-submitted and the entire procedure of inspection before approval will be followed.
- When the plan gets approved the CMDA commission sends you a demand for making the payments with regard to development charges. The amount that you need to deposit depends upon the location and the size of land and also on the basis of for what purpose the site has been allotted.
- It is the duty of the person executing the development plan to get the plan executed as per the papers submitted and within the time limit that has been stated at the time of submission.
If you need any further information or details about the rules and regulations of the development, you are free to visit Counseling and Consultancy Counter. First floor of CMDA’s Office Complex, Thalamuthu-Natarajan Maligai, No.1, Gandhi-Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai-600 008.
At this centre, the information can be obtained in oral as well as in written. Along with this, you are also guided as to how the plan can be prepared.