Charminar and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad
- This marvelous edifice was built in 1591 by Muhammad Quli Qutub shah and is located in the heart of the old city of Hyderabad.
- The visitors here simply get carried away by the splendid architecture and grand construction.
- The roof supports a small Mosque.
- ‘Charmiar’, with its four famous minarets is the favourite subject of many portraits and wall hangers.
- Not longer than just a 100 yards of the ever charming charminar there is yet another structure of grandness and beauty.
- As the name suggests, this Masjid resembles the grand one at mecca.
- The sacred hall measures 67m and 54m in length and breadth and 23m in height.
- One and a quarter dozen beautiful arches which support the roof, a massive wall, the two huge octagonal columns made out of a single granite piece, the beautiful gallery under a dome and the interior and exterior designs add elegance to the spacious grand mosque which can old up to ten thousand devotees at a time and which is considered to be one of the largest mosques in India