M.Tech is a post graduate degree. Students who have done B.Tech can go for this degree. Correspondence as well as regular programs are available in different universities. Correspondence course offers a candidate to get a masters degree without having to attend the classes.
About the Correspondence M.Tech course
It is a two year course subdivided into four semesters which are held in every six months. A candidate has to choose his stream according to his choice as per his rank in competition exams or according to the university norms. Corresponding course is specially designed for the working people who want to continue their studies further or increase his degree in the due course of working.
Correspondence M.Tech programs
The following streams in M.Tech are offered in almost all the universities which offer the correspondence program in M.Tech:
1. M.Tech in Electrical Engineering(EE)
2. M.Tech in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering(ETC)
3. M.Tech in Electronics & communication Engineering(ECE)
4. M.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering(EEE)
5. M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering(ME)
6. M.Tech in Information Technology(IT)
7. M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering(CSE)
8. M.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering
9. M.Tech in Fire & Safety Engineering(FSE)
10. M.Tech in Civil Engineering(CE)
11. M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering(AE)
12. M.Tech in Mining Engineering
Admissions & Selection Procedures of Correspondence M.Tech
Generally students have to appear for the competitive examinations like GATE to be eligible for the part time or full time M.Tech degree. Some Universities conduct their own examinations. The student should refer to the university website for recent updates and also for information regarding online admission. Selection procedure is different in different universities.
Eligibility Criteria for Correspondence M.Tech
1. Candidate must have passed B.Tech from a recognized university with minimum cut off percentage required for admission to M.Tech programmes as prescribed by the concerned university.
2. Migration certificate is to be provided.
3. In case the candidate is employed, No Objection Certificate is to be provided by the organization where the candidate is working.
Universities offering Correspondence M.Tech
The universities which offer the correspondence M.Tech courses are:
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University, Indira Gandhi National Open University, University of Burdwan(west Bengal) are to mention few of them. The contact address of some universities is as follows:
1. Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University
2. University of Burdwan, Burdwan, West Bengal