'''Cosmos Bank''' was established in the year 1906 and was the second largest urban co-operative bank all over the country. It is well-known for its excellent services.
• Cosmos Bank, at present is considered as the leading Multi state Scheduled Cooperative bank.
• It has engraved a position in the urban-banking industry with its integrity, rich heritage and tech-savvy customer services.
• The bank has attained an impeccable growth prior to financial standards and on the whole expansion of the activities.
'''Set up of Cosmos bank – Geographical & Financial'''
The financial set up of Cosmos Bank on 29th March, 009 was up to Rs. 10218 Crores, including Advances Rs 3867 Crores approx and Deposits Rs 6351 Crores approx.
Cosmos Bank operates through nine extension counters and 88 branches within the country spread across 16 main cities and 5 states, which include:
• Maharashtra – Jalna, Baramati, Nashik, Aurangabas, Nagpur, Mumbai and Pune.
• Madhya Pradesh – Indore
• Gujarat – Rajkot, Naroda, Ankaleshwar, Baroda, Ahmedabad and Surat.
• Karnataka – Bangalore
• Andhra Pradesh –Hyderabad
'''Management of Cosmos Bank'''
• Overall management and control of the Cosmos Bank is dependent upon the Board of Directors.
• The board of Directors is basically elected by the Bank’s shareholders.
• The Vice Chairman and Chairman are elected from the members of the board after every 2 years.
• The Board of Directors comprises qualified professionals such as Economist, Cost Accountant, Banking Expert, Charted Accountant, Industrialist, Architect and Employee Representative are few among others.
'''Achievements & Services of Cosmos Bank'''
• It is the first Multi-state Cooperative Bank to execute the System of Centralized Banking.
• Nine extension counters, 85 branches and regional offices are interrelated via Data Centered located at the Head office.
• Banking via ATM network
• Installation of around 74 onsite ATMs.
• Above 35000 ATMs interlinked via Bancs and NFS Tie-Up.
• Facility to transfer the funds amongst customer’s accounts.
• Electronic Clearing Scheme.
• SMS services to obtain the information related to account balance or cheque status.
'''Social obligations and Cosmos Bank'''
Cosmos Bank has a foundation, which is a civic charitable trust established under the scheme of Cosmos Cooperative Bank’s shareholders. Chief objectives of Cosmos foundation are as follows:
• To arrange conferences, educational seminars etc.
• To provide loans to the members of Cosmos Bank at discounted rates to pursue higher education overseas.
• Also offer medical assistance to its members up to specified limits.
• To promote the educational spirit as well as to support, propagate and maintain quality educational facility.