'''Delhi Public School R K Puram''' or '''DPS R K Puram''' was established in the year 1972, by Mr. R.S. Lugani, principal of the branch. The school was strictly committed to provide quality education to the students by fulfilling the present emerging needs and requirements. Delhi Public School, along with intellectual nourishment, the school also boasts in its scholars a strong feel of nationalism, positive reception of Indian culture and art and delight in our magnificent past and wealthy history.
'''Facts about DPS R K Puram'''
• DPS was established by the Society of Delhi Public School in 1972, in New Delhi and is a private secondary institution.
• DPS R.K. Puram School is a coeducational day and boarding school, with 3 different campuses located at Vasant Vihar, East of Kailash and R.K. Puram.
• The school pompously upholds the commitment of its founder to fineness in every field with an emphasis on “Service before self” motto.
'''Academics of DPS R K Puram'''
Excellent education facility, commitment to evocative education and education for years are the most important basis on which the Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram works on. The institution provides every child with a high quality education and makes sure that the students are dedicated enough towards the education system, ever since their initial years of education in order to lead an optimistic advancement in life.
At DPS R.K. Puram, a uni-directional technique is being substituted increasingly by multi-directional group workshop alternatives. The faculty mainly emphasize upon the development of written and oral expression of a student.
Delhi Public School, R K Puram, New Delhi is allied with the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) educational board, which is one of the leading educational boards in India as is accordingly acknowledged by the Government of Delhi NCT, Education Department.
'''Curriculum of DPS R K Puram'''
DPS R K Puram has students registered from 6th standard to 12th standard. In 12th and 11th grade all the students are trained for AISSCE (All India Senior School Certificate Examination), which is also a nationwide examination.
The students at DPS R.K. Puram are presented the following amalgamation of subjects:
'''Offered streams at DPS R K Puram'''
* '''Humanities:''' The program include English (Elective/Core) and Economics as compulsory subjects and any three from Information Practices, Web Technology, Multimedia, Psychology, Geography, Mathematics, Political Science, History and Sociology.
* '''Commerce:''' The subjects offered under this stream are Mathematics, Information Practices, Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics and English Core.
* '''Science:''' The subjects offered in this stream are English Core, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science or Bio-Tech or Economics or Biology.