Many students take admission in Diploma in Journalism from different colleges and institutions in India. Youths are taking interest in the media studies and they are successful after completion of the courses. Today there are numerous institutions in India that are imparting diploma courses in Journalism and every year many professional journalists are booming out.
Eligibility criteria for Diploma in Journalism in India
The students before applying this course must go through the eligibility criteria.
- The students must have Graduation Degree in any stream from any recognized university of India.
- Some institutions are there they demand first class or higher second class mark in Graduation level
- The students must have good skill in English and other local language.
- They must be able to make stories or news very nicely and comprehensively.
Admission test Many institutions held admission test to take the best students for their college. Hence, the students must prepare very nicely to crack the admission test.
- The admission test based on General Knowledge and English writing skill
- Some institutions also set their questions on journalism and print media.
- The duration of Diploma in Journalism is One year. However, the students must see the detail of the duration from respective college or institution’s website.
- The whole course divided into several half yearly semesters.
- The students have to know various parts of Journalism like History of Journalism, Code and ethic of Print media, Report writing, News writing and collecting, proof reading, different types of interviews, press conference and many other things.
- The students have theoretical and practical papers in the course.
The students can also pursue advance Diploma or Master’s Degree in Journalism in higher education.
What types of jobs are waiting for the fresh diploma holders at present?
Let us see the jobs that the diploma holders will get after competition of the course.
• After completing the course, the students will get different types jobs in various media industry like :
• News reporting
• News editing
• News writing
Remuneration and Salary
The companies give best remuneration to the appropriate candidates. The candidates must have a good academic record throughout their career.
Experienced candidates given preference by many companies.
The best colleges to pursue the Diploma in Journalism
1. Mudra Institute of Communications. Ahmedabad
2. Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
3. AJ Kidwai Mass Communication Research, Jamia, New Delhi
4. IIMC Delhi
5. Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
6. Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
7. Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
8. Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
9. Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
10. Times School of Journalism, New Delhi
Hence these are the best Journalism Colleges in India.