Many students take admission in Diploma in Mass Communication from different colleges and institutions in India. Youths are taking interest in the media studies and they are successful after completion of the courses. Today there are numerous institutions in India that are imparting diploma courses in Mass Communication and every year many professionals are booming out.
The students before applying this course must go through the eligibility criteria.
- The students must have Graduation Degree in any stream from any recognized university of India.
- Some institutions are there they demand first class or higher second class mark in Graduation level
- The students must have good skill in English and other local language.
- They must be able to make stories or news very nicely and comprehensively.
Many institutions held admission test to take the best students for their college. Hence, the students must prepare very nicely to crack the admission test.
- The admission test based on General Knowledge and English writing skill
- Some institutions also set their questions on journalism and print media and on other papers of the subject.
- The duration of Diploma in Mass Communication is One year. However, the students must see the detail of the duration from respective college or institution’s website.
- The whole course divided into several half yearly semesters.
- The students have to know various parts of Journalism like History of Journalism, Code and ethic of Print media, Report writing, News writing and collecting, proof reading, different types of interviews, press conference and many other things.
- The students have to study Communication, Mass Communication, Print Media, Electronic Media, Advertising and Public Relations. This is the basic structure and there may be changes or it may vary from one institution to another.
- The students have theoretical and practical papers in the course.
- The students can also pursue advance Diploma or Master’s Degree in Journalism in higher education.
What types of jobs are waiting for the fresh diploma holders at present?
Let us see the jobs that the diploma holders will get after competition of the course.
- After competition of the course, the students will get different types jobs in various media industry.
- News reporting,
- News editing
- News writing,
- Advertisement jobs in many ad agencies
- Content writing services in many companies.
Remuneration and Salary
The companies give best remuneration to the appropriate candidates. The candidates must have a good academic record throughout their career. Experienced candidates given preference by many companies.
The best colleges to pursue the Diploma in Mass Communication:
- IIMC, New Delhi
JNU new campus, Aruna Asif Ali Marg, New Delhi Phone No - 91-011-26109268/60940/60 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Courses Offered: Post-graduate Diploma in Journalism (English and Hindi), Radio & Television Journalism and Advertising & Public Relations.
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400 001 Phone No - (91-22) 262 1366/1639/2877 Website: www.xaviercomm.org Courses Offered: Journalism & Mass Communication, Public Relations & Corporate Communications, Advertising & Marketing, Digital Animation and Television & Video Production.
- International School of Business and Media (ISB&M)
Viman Nagar Campus Survey No. 32/2, Ashok Plaza Next to Weikfield Company Nagar Road, Pune - 411014 Tel: 020-67212444 / 26633444 Website : www.isbm.edu.in Courses offered : Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Media management, Advertisement, Public Relations, Event and Corporate Communication, TV & Radio production, Broadcast and Journalism
- Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune 411 004 Phone No - 020 - 25652303 / 25660972 Website: www.simc.edu Courses Offered: MBA in Communication Management (Advertising, Public Relations. Masters in Mass Communication (Journalism and T.V and Radio Production)
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
Kasturi Centre, 124, Wallajah Road, Chennai - 600002 Phone No - 91-44-28418254/55, 28526227/49 Email: email@example.com Courses Offered: The Masters Degree course includes Reporting, Writing, and Editing, Modern Issues in Journalism, History of the Media, Law of Media.
- Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
Shela, Ahmedabad (380058) Phone No - 2717-237946-51 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Courses Offered: Executive Diploma Programme in Media Management. Certificate Programme in Managing Integrated Media, Retail Communications, Crafting Creative Comm and Visual Merchandising. Post Graduate Programme in Communications Management and Entrepreneurship (PGP CME)
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
Law College Road, Pune Phone No - 91 - 020- 25431817 / 25433016 / 25430017 Email: email@example.com Courses Offered: Direction, Acting, Cinematography, Art Direction and Production Design, Audiography, Animation and Computer Graphics, Editing, Feature Film Screenplay Writing.
- AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research Centre, Jamia, New Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi Phone No - +91(11)26981717 Courses Offered: Ph.D and M.A. in Mass Communication. Post Graduate Diploma in Development Communication, Journalism and Broadcast System Maintenance.
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
PB No: 229, Kottayam, Kerala Phone No - +91-481-2300851 Website: www.manoramajschool.com Courses Offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism.
- Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
HRBR Layout 3rd Block, Kalyananagar Post Bangalore 560 043 Pone No - 91-80-28437907 / 7903 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Courses Offered: The Post-graduate programmes offer courses on Reporting and Writing for Radio and Television, Ethical and Legal Issues in Journalism, Advanced Media Concentration and Business and Financial Reporting.
- Times School of Journalism, New Delhi
Times Centre for Media Studies, Darya Ganj, New Delhi Courses Offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism