The Dish TV remote control can be programmed to control up to 4 devices.
The 4 devices are:
• SAT Mode or the Satellite receiver.
• TV Mode or the Television.
• VCR Mode for VCR player.
• AUX Mode for amplifier, receiver, second TV second VCR.
The Dish TV remote control should be set properly with the TV. Following are the processes:
• The television and the Dish network receiver should be turned on.
• The code brand of the television manufacturer company should be found out from the instruction manual. The manual can also be downloaded from the website of the Dish Network.
• The mode button should be pressed and hold for 3 seconds to allow all the other mode buttons to light up. After the button is left to go off it will start blinking.
• The number buttons should be pressed to enter the brand code.
• To check the power button should be pressed. If the TV goes off it indicates the right procedure.
• The devices can be programmed by the Dish TV remote control. With the arrow keys, the select buttons and 4 separate mode buttons the SAT, TV, VCR, AUX can be controlled.
• Power scan can also be performed by pressing the mode button, then the address button, then the power button, the up and down button. Following the current settings procedure the program can be set easily.
• User can also find out which code is currently set for the remote settings.
• When the user wishes to change the remote batteries the batteries should be swapped as quickly as possible. Or else the user will have to reprogram the codes in the remote.