Documents Required for TDS
TDS is the amount which is taken away and deposited in the Income Tax Department by the payer of the income from the payee’s receivable which the later is supposed to receive in lieu of salary, rent, professional and technical service etc.
Following are the important documents required for claiming the TDS from the Income Tax Department:-
Pan card is the card which shows the Permanent Account Number of the tax payer. It is an essential document required in case of filing the TDS Return.
The other necessary forms:-
1. Form 1-for income and Form BA -for wealth – These are the forms submitted for the annual return of income and wealth which is applicable for the corporate assessee.
2. Form 2-for income and Form BA -for wealth – These are the forms submitted for the annual return of income and wealth which is applicable for the non corporate assessee and those who have their accounts audited as per the income tax act.
3. Form 3CA and 3CD – This is mainly used by the corporate assessee, for furnishing the audit report.
4. Form 3CA, 3CB/3CC and 3CD/ 3CE – Used by the non-corporate assessee to furnish the audit report u/s 44B.
5. Form 16 – This is the statement used by the salaried people in respect of the TDS deducted by their employer and this document is even provided by the employer itself.
6. Form 16A – This is the certificate of TDS from insurance commission or amounts apart from salary
7. Form 22 – This is used for filing the return of tax deduction towards the contributions made by the trustees of some government approved superannuation fund.
8. Form 24 – This is used by the employer for submission of return on the salary paid.
9. Form 25 – It’s used for filing for the interest received from securities.
10. Form 26, 26A, 26B, 26BB 26C, 26D, 26E, 26F, 26G, 26H and 26J – These are used for gains from various sources as in lottery, unit linked income etc.
11. Form 27, 27EA, 27EB, 27EC, 27ED – These forms are used for the interest received from the foreign projects.