You are here

Domicile Certificate

The Domicile certificate is the document that is issued by the state or the Union Territory to prove that the person is resident or domicile of that particular state.

Where is Domicile Certificate Used?

  • To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
  • To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
  • Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed

Application for the Domicile Certificate

The applicant can get prescribed forms online or from one of the following offices

  • The Sub-Divisional Magistrate
  • Tehsil office
  • Revenue Department Office
  • Office of District Collector
  • Any other authority that is specified in the State or Union Territory

What do you need to apply for a Domicile Certificate?

You will need following documents if you want to apply for a Domicile Certificate

  • Proof that you have been resident of the state for minimum period that is specified by the state.
  • Proof that you are an owner of land in that state
  • Valid identification proof
  • School certificates
  • Tehsil inquiry report

The women who are married to a person of another stated, who is domicile of that state, can also apply for obtaining the domicile certificate of that state. However any person men or women can have only one domicile certificate. To have more than one domicile certificate is a legal and punishable offense.


since last 2 yrs m studying in mumbai,i have completed my 12th std frm birth place is uttar pradesh.i wish to get my domicile certificate,i want to knw frm where my domicile certificate is to be issued.

i applied for domicile on 20th march 2010 in borivali court. i was supposed to get my domicile on 21st may 2010. But the officials there kept asking to come later. Even after one month I did not get the certificate. I am continuously making rounds of the court. They kept saying its gone for typing.Finally I was told they are not able to trace my domicile certificate. I was made to register again as a special case. I was told my certificate will be ready in two days.But even after a week i have not received it. They are again saying they cant find it. what should I do? I need my certificate to apply in medical college.

i have domicile certificate but that was taken from village(distric : latur)and i stay in mumbai & i just want to know that it is ok.can i get the admission in mumbai for B.E.

When i applied for domicile certificate in UP,all the procedures were different and i have to use another way to get it in just 3 days ,i used another way by which all our government works are done.

as i am living in pagdi system house and have problem with my landlord has we are not paying the rent for house So Without Electricity Bill and Rent Receipt Can i apply for Domicile Certificate. I have School Leaving, SSC, HSC Certificate, Ration Card & Banker Certificate & BP Gas Registration Form for address Proff

HI, I am resident of Ahmedabad.We have been staying here since 2004 but have bought our own house in 2007.Are we eligible to get a domicile certificate for the state ? It is said that we need to stay at a place for 3 years. Please help

UPSEE 2012 Domicile Requirements For UPTU domicile contact Advocate Harish Kaushik Ph -9868000935

UPSEE 2012 Domicile Requirements For UPTU domicile contact Advocate Harish Kaushik Ph -9868000935

UPSEE 2012 Domicile Requirements For UPTU domicile contact Advocate Harish Kaushik Ph -9868000935

UPSEE 2012 Domicile Requirements For UPTU domicile contact Advocate Harish Kaushik Ph -9868000935

I was born in Gujarat but had my studies conducted in Africa, Uganda and want to further my studies in India in Gujarat. What is the procedure for getting a domicile Certificate. I am an indian citizen and my father as well.

Dear Sir, how many year old land property proof and whats the documents needed to collect the domcile? I live in dehradun since year 1985. kya mera domocile ban sakta hai? what should i do for take a domocile. pls five me a suggestion... THANKS......... Ashish

Admission in all professional courses [Medical/ Para-Medical/ Management/ Pharmacy/ Nursing and many more] placements in MNC's get register free with

i studied from 1 to 8 class at one school and then i directly take addmission for 10 in other school so is it possiable to get 6to10 bonified certificate where i complete my ssc.

Add new comment