The ESI Rates evolved in the year 1948 which integrates the social insurance scheme in order to provide security to industrial workers in areas like maternity, death and sickness. This act has been implemented in the year 1952 in all states and territories.
'''BENEFITS OF ESI RATES:'''
The various benefits of ESI Rates are given to the IP (Insured Persons) and also to their family. They are,
• Medical Benefit.
• Sickness Benefit.
• Maternity Benefit.
• Disablement Benefit.
• Dependant’s Benefit.
• Funeral benefit.
The medical benefit is offered by the State Government with the help of these ESI Rates. The other five benefits are offered directly by the ESI Corporation. Then the medical benefit consists of:
• The treatment is given to both out patient and in-patient according to the ESI Rates and also people can consul with the specialist.
• It also provides dressing, emergency aids, Supply of Drugs and artificial limbs.
• The ESI Rates also offer investigation facilities.
• It gives various services under the National Health Programmes.
• Also offers Medical Certification.
This benefit is the periodic cash payments to the Insured Persons during the period of sickness. The ESI Rates are given during the medical attendance and treatment. This benefit is equal to the daily wages of the insured person.
The ESI Rates in maternity benefit is given during the sickness that occurs during confinement, pregnancy, miscarriage etc.
This is given when any person is under the employment injury and it results in the permanent disablement. So, two types of disablement benefits are,
The ESI Rates are given to the person in case if the person has injured during the initial day of their employment. So, other than this there is no reason to contribute this benefit.