FYJC is an acronym for First Year Junior College and is regulated by the Rules & Regulations of the Educational Department of the Maharashtra Government. In order to pursue education programs with FYJC guardians are suggested to carefully read the notifications which is issues by Educational Deputy Director of Pune.
Admissions to FYJC
• You can take admission in FYJC after declaring a passing certification of 10th Standard of S.S.C. Pune Educational Board.
• Admissions are considered in accordance to the procedure and schedule, which is prepared by Deputy Director of Education, Pune.
• The admission to FYJC is not approved against donations.
Courses to study at FYJC
• English (Compulsory)
• Accountancy and Book-Keeping
• Language – Hindi, French, Information Technology or Marathi
• Mathematics & Statistics or Secretarial Practice
• Organization of Commerce
The admission seats for information Technology and Mathematics are limited, therefore they are offered on the merit basis.
Rules & regulations for student’s promotion
Promotion from first year junior college (FYJC) to second year junior college (S.Y.J.C) basically depends upon the marks scored by the students in several examinations which are conducted during the year of academics by the institution. Such examinations are carried out and strictly by following the rules of the government.
These examinations include:
• Year work – 100 marks
It includes Unit Test 1 – 50 marks and Unit Test 2 – 50 marks
• Annual examination – 100 marks
• Terminal Examination – 100 marks
In order to outshine in these examinations, the students must score at least 105 marks from 300 marks. A student should be able to obtain 35 per cent marks in every subject in order to get a promotion into S.Y.J.C.
How to apply
Simply by logging on to the official website of FYJC, you can download the application form required to submit by the applicants at the time of admission. The student can register as well as create a profile on the website, through which he/she can get access to various other colleges that First Year Junior College offers.