Famous Temples around Tirupati
- There are also other interesting places in the proximity, The ravishing waterfalls at Papanasam is just 8 km away.
- The beautiful park about 4 km from the temple is a favourite hang-out to many.
- This ancient temple is situated about 10 km from Tirupati.
- The presiding deity here, Goddess Alamelumanga is the consort of Lord Venkateswara.
- This temple holds a grand architecture.
Govindaraja Permal Temple
- This temple dedicated to Lord Govindaraja who is a variation of Lord Vishnu is situated right in the heart of the city.
- This huge temple is rich in ancient architecture.
- Situated about 2 km from Alipiri, the point where the flight of steps of Tirumala starts,this is a sacred Tank beneath an elevated rock on which stands a temple dedicated to Lord Siva.
- It is situated about 11 km from Tirupati and rose prominence in the twilight days of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- The fort here is believed to have been built in 1000 AD and modified by the later Vijayanagara kings, This magnificent fort stands on a massive which is about 182 m above its surroundings.
- The fort encompasses the remains of age-old palace and temples which had been the royal abode of kings and palaces of regular worship.
- The two huge buildings known as Mahals near the fort were of multiple use to the royal family.