Festivals in Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra has no paucity of festivals, Hindu festivals like Dasara, Deepavali, Sri Rama Navami, Sri Krishna Jayanthi, Maha Sivarathi, Vinayaka Chaturthi etc, are celebrated with a fabulous festive fervour.
- There are also certain festivals exclusive to certain temples and regions like the festivals exclusive to certain temples and region like the festival ‘BathKamma’ which is celebrated in ‘Telangana’.
- Among the Muslim festivals are Ramadan, bakrid and Id-Ul-Fitr which are celebrated with much gaiety.
- The Christians have their share of the ‘festive cake’ during Christmas, Easter and of course the New Year which is in fact relished by every one throughout the world irrespective of caste, creed, religion or nationality.
- Sankarathi and Ugadi are two regional festivals which bring about bountiful mirth upon people, the former in January and the latter in march or April.
- Sankaranti, an agrarian Hindu festival is marked by the worship of sun God and Ugadi marks the beginning of New Year in the Telugu aboriginal calendar.
- Lumbini festival is reminiscent of Buddhism having flourished in the region in a distinct past.