All the private and public banks in India offers Fixed Deposit account where the customer can get much higher interest rates as compared to current and savings bank account.
List of Major Indian Banks offering Fixed Deposit Accounts
- State Bank of India – Read SBI Fixed Deposit for more info.
- ICICI Bank – Read ICICI Fixed Deposit for more info.
- HDFC Bank – Read HDFC Fixed Deposit for more info.
- AXIS Bank – www.axisbank.com
- Syndicate Bank – www.syndicate.in
- Corporation bank – www.corporbank.com
- IDBI Bank – www.idbibank.com
What are the different options to open a fixed deposit in India via online:
- Log on to any of the websites of your choice.
- Click on the fixed deposit link.
- Now you will be redirected to an application form to fill.
- Fill the application form and take a printout of it and submit to the nearby bank branch.
How to open the fixed deposit account in India offline
- You can visit any of the above nearby banks branch to your place.
- Approach the banker and collect a fixed deposit account application form.
- Now fill the application form and submit it to the banker.
- Your account will be activated within 3 to 4 working days.
What are the different interest rates of fixed deposit in India
The FD rates offered by each bank of India differs marginally and are often get changed in every 4-6 months. Here are the current Interest rates in 2010.
- State bank of India offers a 7.75% of interest rate per annum.
- ICICI bank offers 7.75% of interest rate per annum.
- IDBI bank offers 8% of interest rate per anum.
- Syndicate bank offers interest rate of 7.75% per annum.
- Corporation Bank offers a rate of interest of 7.75% per annum.
- Axis Bank offers a rate of interest 7.0% per annum.
- HDFC bank offers a rate of interest 7.50% per annum.
Contact Information of Banks regarding Fixed Deposit Queries
here is the list of addresses, email and phone numbers some of major banks of India.
Call Toll free No. 1800-425-8002
Helpline Tel no. (080) 25943030
Fax no. (080) 25943125
From BSNL/ MTNL Lines – 1800 180 1290
From all other phones – 39 02 02 02
For your regional ICIC’s contact number log on to:
Address – IDBI Ltd., Elemach Building, Ist Floor, Plot No. 82/83, Road No. 7,
Street No. 15, MIDC, Andheri (E) , Mumbai – 400 093
Telephone Number – 022-66700451, 66700457.
Email - email@example.com
Mangaladevi Temple Road
MANGALORE - 575 001
Tele: 91-824-2426416 to 420
Toll Free numbers - 1800 233 5577 or 1800 209 5577 or
1800 103 5577