All the private and public banks in India offers Fixed Deposit account where the customer can get much higher interest rates as compared to current and savings bank account.
- 1 List of Major Indian Banks offering Fixed Deposit Accounts
- 2 What are the different options to open a fixed deposit in India via online:
- 3 How to open the fixed deposit account in India offline
- 4 What are the different interest rates of fixed deposit in India
- 5 Contact Information of Banks regarding Fixed Deposit Queries
List of Major Indian Banks offering Fixed Deposit Accounts
- State Bank of India – Read SBI Fixed Deposit for more info.
- ICICI Bank – Read ICICI Fixed Deposit for more info.
- HDFC Bank – Read HDFC Fixed Deposit for more info.
- AXIS Bank – www.axisbank.com
- Syndicate Bank – Syndicate Bank Fixed Deposits
- Corporation bank – Corporation Bank Fixed Deposits
- IDBI Bank – IDBI Fixed Deposit
What are the different options to open a fixed deposit in India via online:
- Log on to any of the websites of your choice.
- Click on the fixed deposit link.
- Now you will be redirected to an application form to fill.
- Fill the application form and take a printout of it and submit to the nearby bank branch.
How to open the fixed deposit account in India offline
- You can visit any of the above nearby banks branch to your place.
- Approach the banker and collect a fixed deposit account application form.
- Now fill the application form and submit it to the banker.
- Your account will be activated within 3 to 4 working days.
What are the different interest rates of fixed deposit in India
The FD rates offered by each bank of India differs marginally and are often get changed in every 4-6 months. Here are the current Interest rates in 2010.
- State bank of India offers a 7.75% of interest rate per annum.
- ICICI bank offers 7.75% of interest rate per annum.
- IDBI bank offers 8% of interest rate per anum.
- Syndicate bank offers interest rate of 7.75% per annum.
- Corporation Bank offers a rate of interest of 7.75% per annum.
- Axis Bank offers a rate of interest 7.0% per annum.
- HDFC bank offers a rate of interest 7.50% per annum.
To know the current rates, please check the following sites -
Contact Information of Banks regarding Fixed Deposit Queries
here is the list of addresses, email and phone numbers some of major banks of India.
SBI BANK E-mail:email@example.com Call Toll free No. 1800-425-8002 Helpline Tel no. (080) 25943030 Fax no. (080) 25943125 From BSNL/ MTNL Lines – 1800 180 1290 From all other phones – 39 02 02 02
ICICI BANK Email: https://infinity.icicibank.co.in/web/emailus/jsp/emailUs.jsp Call: 1800-22-4848 For your regional ICIC’s contact number log on to: ICICI Customer Care
IDBI Bank Address – IDBI Ltd., Elemach Building, Ist Floor, Plot No. 82/83, Road No. 7, Street No. 15, MIDC, Andheri (E) , Mumbai – 400 093 Telephone Number – 022-66700451, 66700457. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporation Bank Corporate Office Mangaladevi Temple Road Pandeshwar MANGALORE - 575 001 Karnataka, India Tele: 91-824-2426416 to 420 Fax: 91-824-2440964
Axis Bank Toll Free numbers - 1800 233 5577 or 1800 209 5577 or 1800 103 5577
Syndicate Bank Call: 0820-2571181,0820-2572390