Girija Shettar, originally an Indian film actress, left the acting career after somewhat 5 years, in spite of continued and initial success, following a high-calling. To start with, she remained pretty close to the [[Bollywood]] film fraternity.
She used to write spiritual scripts for the films with an art-film director in Chennai. From thereon, her journey even became more internal and she started focusing on her academic pursuits. Girija Shettar is basically a mixed race writer and actress (Caucasian/Indian). She was brought up and born in England and came India to be trained with Classical South-Indian Dance. She was 18 years old when she visited India.
* She started to focus on her career in terms of education and attained PHD in the Indian spiritual psychology in the year of 2003 from the Cardiff University. This course was also pursued by a short term academic position in India.
* She then took it up to Journalism, as she found her previous academic not suitable to her personality and nature. At present she is working as a world-class reporter for world leading medical newsletter technology in London. With journalism, she found a way to express her thoughts via writing.
* Girija Shettar feels that the poetry is one such form of expressing the feelings. She thinks she is not a proper poet yet, since many of the times she writes from her emotional intuition and far more literally as well. She aspires to express and find a higher-intuition as well as to write even more symbolically.
'''Awards and Rewards'''
* She was paired up opposite Akkineni Nagarjuna in Geethanjali, by Mani ratnam. The film won the award and became a huge hit in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
* She also won several film awards and gained much attention of the press including Screen’s front page in 1989 issue.
* Golden Lotus Award – Best Famous Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment, in National Film Awards, 1990.
* She worked in another Tamil film entitled ‘Hrydanjali’ and this film also won various awards together will nomination for National award.
* She also studied the practice of Hindu religion and Philosophy.