- This marvelous monument,which is situated about 11 km from the city,has been left behind by the ‘Kakatiyas’ of the 13th century.
- Golconda was also the capital of the Qutub Shahis of the capital of the Qutub Shahis of the 16th century.
- The place has emerged over the years as a popular centre of diamond trade.
- On the south-east of the fort, ‘Musa Burj’ is where stands the huge historic cannon,known as the Azhdaha Paikar cannon –It was among the ammunitions,It was emperor Aurangzeb who made an effective use of it during the siege of Golconda way back in 1687,this cannon identical to the one known as Faech Rahbar cannon on the north-west of Golconda Fort was capable of firing shots of 40 kgs weight.
Qutub Shahi Tombs
- About a kilometer from the fort,these beautiful tombs of Qutub Shahi rules reflect the third and final stage of the 17th century architecture.
- These tombs are dome topped and have a square base surrounded by pointed arches.
- There are galleries of one story and two stories in these tombs.
- The domes were originally over-laid with blue and green tiles of which only a few seem to have survived the test of time
Visiting Hours: 09:30 – 16:30 hrs (Closed on Fridays)