Golden Chariot Express
Golden Chariot is yet another super luxury train from that has been launched jointly by the Indian railway and the Tourism department of Karnataka on following the huge success of Palace on Wheels. The main objective of launching such a train is to promote tourism in a stylish way. The train offers eight day tour from Bangalore to Goa.
The train is greatly inspired by Palace on Wheels and has got all the luxurious features such as fully air-conditioned cabins with onboard entertainment systems such as satellite TV and DVD players, Channel Music, private attached bathroom, wardrobe, etc. The cabins are very spacious and also elegantly designed. The train also has two restaurants, a lounge bar, a conference coach, etc. The conference coach can accommodate more then 30 guests and also features a huge LCD TV. The train also has Gym Coach and a message room as well.
The Mapple Group is the official provider of the on board hospitality service of the Golden Chariot. The Mapple group is the well known hotel and resort group that has been chosen by the tourism department of Karnataka to offer the best hospitality service to the passengers of the Golden Chariot. The tourism board offers an eight day tour covering some of the well known tourist attractions of the Southern India such as Bangalore, Mysore, Kabini, Belur, Halebid, Sharvanbelagola, Hampi, Badami and Goa.
The two restaurants have been named Nala and Ruchi and the interiors of these are greatly inspired by the art and architecture of Halebid and Hampi. Both these places are well known for ancient art and architecture that briefly showcases the art and culture of ancient India. Both these places are located in Karnataka. The train leaves from the Bangalore railway station at nine o’clock in the morning.
The Golden Chariot
- Gorgeous Golden Chariot, the ‘Palace on Wheels’ of Karnatak, undertakes a 7 night/ 8 days journey of tourist and heritage sites of Karnataka, as well as the golden beaches of Goa.
- The royal train gets the name from the famous Stone Chariot at Hampi, World Heritage Site.
- It is studded with super luxurious coaces named after various dynasties which held sway over Karnataka.
- The interiors of the palatial coaches are adorned with intricate carvings narrating the timeless tales.
- They are also equipped with modern and luxurious amenities and accessories, like Wi-Fi, LCD television, DVD, Satellite channels etc.
- The train also has two excellent restaurants-Nala and Ruchi, which are artistically decorated on the themes inspired from Hampi and Dalebid.
Other facilities includes- Madira, a well stocked bar with royal interior, a Conference coach- with a seating capacity of 25-30 guests, an Ayurvedic centre and Spa and a fully equipped gymnasium.
- Day 1 (Mon.)Bengalooru- Sightseeing and departure for Mysore;
- Day 2 mysore- visit Mabini (Nagarhole National Park)/Bandipur, stay overnight at jungle lodge;
- Day 3 Mysooru – Visit Mysooru Palace, Srirangapatnam, Brindavan Gardens;
- Day 4 Hassan- visit Belur, Halebid and Sravanabelagole;
- Day 5 Hosapete – visit Hampi;
- Day 6 Gadag/Badami- visit Badami Caves, Aihole and Pattadakal;
- Day 7 Goa – Visit the famous churches of old Goa and beaches;
- Day 8 back to Bangalore (Mon.) .
- It is also possible to begin and end your journey form Goa. In this case, the tour begins on Sunday.