Gopalapuram, Chennai - Location:
Gopalapuram, Chennai is one of the prime commercial as well as residential locations of Chennai City. Famous Politicians, famous cine field members stay in the Gopalapuram, Chennai area. It is located just a couple of kilometers to the east Nungambakkam. There are many important areas of Chennai that surrounds Gopalapuram like Anna Salai, Saidapet, Kodambakkam, Mylapore, Triplicane, Teynampet and Kotturpuram. Chennai Central Station is located around 3 Kms to the North East of Gopalapuram and Chennai Airport is located to more than 15 Kms on the South West of Gopalapuram.
The Avai Shanmugam Salai passes through Gopalapuram area dividing the area into North Gopalapuram and South Gopalapuram.
Gopalapuram is famous for:
• Venu Gopalaswamy temple is located in Gopalapuram. It is one of the oldest temples of Chennai around 70 years of age. The idol of Venu Gopalaswamy is of 1000 years old and it is a rare stone idol of lord Krishna.
• Tamil Nadu present Chief Minister Mr.M. Karunanidhi resides in Gopalapuram, Chennai.
• Gopalapuram Corporation Ground is the largest play ground in Chennai city and it is very popular amongst the youngsters of Gopalapuram, Chennai.
• DAV School, one the best schools of Chennai has its first and main school located in Gopalapuram. It includes both the girls senior secondary school and boys senior secondary school
• One of the best B Schools of India IBS School is located in Gopalapuram, Chennai.
• Stella Maris College- The famous women arts college of the Chennai city.
• Church Park Convent School – The prestigious school where most of the high class society kids attend their schooling.
• ICFAI Business School is located in Gopalapuram, Chennai
• National Public School
• Central Minister Mr. Dayanidhi Maran (Grand Nephew of Mr.M.Karunanidhi) resides in the Gopalapuram locality
• US Consulate is located facing the Anna Salai in the zone of Gopalapuram area
• The famous restaurants in this area include Chola Sheraton, Gangotree, Hotel Maris, The Bay Leaf, Café Coffee Day, Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Copper Chimney etc..,