Guntur is a District of the state Andhra Pradesh . It is connected with bay of Bengal to its east . The most popular cities in guntur are Tenali , Bapatla , Narasaraopeta and ponnur .It is one of the most tourist attraction place where it has many number of places to visit .
Guntur has many piligrims centers:
• Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple, which is located at ponnur dedicated to Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy
• Kotappakonda Temple, located at Narasarao peta dedicated to Lord Shiva
• Sri Anjaneya Swamy Temple at Ponnuru,
• Sri Laxmi Chennakesava Swamy Temple at Macherla,
• Temples at Amaravati, Located at Tenali which is 35kms north of guntur and 30km west of vijayawada . It was built by the Shatavahanas , the great Andhra Dynasty. The Maha chaitya or great stupa a hemsherical mound about 148 feet in diameter and more than 98 feet height , including its supporting drum and capping finial, Amaravati was once the most impressive of many Buddist religious settlements along the Krishna Valley . The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is built during 10th and 11th centuries. constructed across the banks of river Krishna.
• Hinkar Thirtha Jain temple, located at Mangalgiri famous jain shrine.
• Phirangipuram Mary Matha Church. Located 20kms way from guntur and is a famous church in guntur.
• Kesanapalli Buddhist Centres
Archaelogical Museum :
It is situated near to the amaravati’s great stupa. The museum’s display includes large standings Buddha images .
It is 5kms far from Amaravati .It is a cave temple built on a beautiful hill and is dedicated to lord Venkateshwara swamy, presiding deity of the temple at thirumala thirupathi .
It is situated on the Repalle Taluka, an ancient buddist spot . The ‘Mahastupa’ here is one of the ancient inscriptions and yeid several sacred relices of the Buddha .
This place there is a famous beautiful temple which is dedicated to Lord shiva famously called here has Narendreswara swamy .The structure of the temple is so ingeniously engineered and constructed that the sun’s rays fall directly on ‘lingam’ at sunrise on every sankranthi day of the year .
Nagarjuna sagar :
This is a dam constructed across the river Krishna on nagarjuna hills .It is 150 kms away from guntur around 15kms from this dam and 6kms away from macherla a beautiful water fall is created by the river Krishna from the height of 21 meters and this water falls are called as ettipothala waterfalls.