HDFC demat account offers its customers a hassle free, easy and secure way of investment. This bank itself is a Depository Participant of both National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Service Limited (CDSL). Opening a demat account is very easy; it just requires following some simple steps like:
- Duly filled application form.
- Photocopies of documents required for identity proof like passport, pan card, driving license, voter ID card.
- Photocopies of passport, pan card, driving license, telephone bill for residence proof.
- Passport size photographs.
- Account details which will be joined with the demat account.
Following are the features of HDFC demat account:
- Pledging of securities.
- Electronic credit on demand.
- Auto credit of public issue will be refunded to the bank.
- Settlement of securities traded on market transactions and exchanges.
- Easy and seamless transactions.
- Transactions through emails.
- Shorter settlements which enhances liquidity.
- Electronically placed orders.
The charges of HDFC demat account are given below:
- No charges for opening the account.
- Maintenance charges Rs 500 per annum.
- Dematerializations Rs 38 i.e. Rs 35 per request and Rs 3 per certificate.
- Rematerialisation Rs 10 per certificate.
- No charges for buying shares.
- Charges for selling shares are minimum Rs 20, 0.04% of the value of the shares.
- Pledge services Rs 40, 0.04% of the total value of the shares.
- Charges for selling of debt transaction Rs 500 per txn, 0.04% of the transaction.
- No charges applicable for buying of debt transactions.
- Rs 25 for domestic mailing and Rs 500 for international mailing for non periodic statements and other communications.