HDFC is registered depository participant with both National Securities Depository Limited i.e. NSDL and Central Depository Services Limited i.e. CDSL. This bank provides a secured and easy way of investment. The HDFC demat account provides certain facilities like:
• Safe and secured market transactions.
• Shorter settlements which enhances liquidity.
• All details of holdings and transaction through phone and emails.
• Auto credit of public issue refunded to the bank.
Following the simple process of documentation one can easily get a demat account of this bank with the above mentioned advantages. The HDFC demat account has its specific charges. Given below are the HDFC demat account charges.
• The HDFC demat account charges for opening the account is zero. Even no minimum balance is required.
• Maintenance charges for the demat account are Rs 500 per annum. Minimum amount required is Rs 500.
• HDFC demat account charges for dematerializations are Rs 38 i.e. Rs 3 per certificate and Rs 35 per request.
• Charges for rematerialisation as levied by the depository which at present is Rs 10 per certificate.
• This bank does not charge anything for buying of equity transaction.
• Selling of equity transaction charges a minimum of Rs 20 at 0.04% of the total value of the transaction.
• The accounts which are open under standard tariff the pledge charges applicable are Rs 25 at the rate of 0.04% of the total value of the shares.
• Buying if a debt transaction has no charges.
• Selling of debt transaction charges Rs 500 minimum and Rs 5000 maximum at 0.04% value of transaction.
• Asset holding charges are also nil.