HDFC bank offers the NRI account facility for easy transaction from India to any part of the world. Some of the fundamental list of rules below mentioned help you find out more about HDFC NRI account.
Eligibility: You should be an Indian or an Indian residing in overseas.
Different types of NRI Accounts offered by HDFC bank
Also read HDFC NRI Bank Account
- NRI Savings Account
- NRI Current Account
- NRI Fixed Deposit
Features and benefits of HDFC NRI Account
- You transfer funds freely between India and abroad.
- You can earn higher interest rates on your account
- You have to pay 0 taxes on the interest on your NRI Account in India.
- You can withdraw the cash easily worldwide with your international NRI Credit or debit card.
- You can have a secure transaction of 24/7 via net banking.
- You can pay your utility bill like electricity, phone, mobile, etc.
- You can get a cheque book and an international debit card again HDFC NRI account.
The documents required for your HDFC NRI account
- Photocopy of the first and last pages of your passport.
- Copy of valid visa or work permit
- one passport size photograph
- A copy of an address proof over India or overseas.
HDFC NRI Account Fees and Charges
- You have to maintain saving NRI Bank account balance as a minimum of rs.10000 as a quarterly balance. If the average quarterly balance dips below this, then you will be charged rs.750.
- You have to maintain NRI Current Bank account balance as a minimum of rs.25,000 as a quarterly balance. If the average quarterly balance dips below this, then you will be charged rs.750.
HDFC NRI fixed deposit rate is 2.55% per annum.
Apply for HDFC NRI bank account online
- you can log on to http://www.hdfcbank.com/nri_banking/accounts/savings_accounts/nre_savings_account/nre_savings_account.htm to open a NRI saving account.
- Log on to http://www.hdfcbank.com/nri_banking/accounts/current_accounts/nre_current_account/nre_current_account.htm to open NRI current account.
- Log on to http://www.hdfcbank.com/nri_banking/accounts/fixed_deposits/nre_fixed_deposits/nre_fixed_deposits.htm for NRI fixed deposit.
You can also apply for HDFC NRI account by direct visit to the nearby branch with the required document. For more information on http://www.hdfcbank.com/common/customer_center.htm
Contact HDFC bank help line help: 1800 22 1006 from BSNL / MTNL
You can send an email to email@example.com for more info in HDFC NRI Bank Accounts.