HDFC provides the facility of online equity trading for its customers who are residing at India as well as abroad. NRIs can also opt for the HDFC online demat account. HDFC provides trading through both BSE and NSE.
Following are the special features of the online demat account of this bank:
• The customers can easily place the orders online and according to that the proceedings will take place.
• The transactions will take place integrating the account of the user without any waste of time.
• Email confirmations are sent just after the execution of the order to prevent any kind of manipulation.
• The bank authorities offer the possible level of security.
In order to open a HDFC online demat account the customer need to follow the rules mentioned below:
• Getting the application form.
• Filling the form properly.
• Photocopy of pan card as identity proof.
• Photocopy of pan card, passport, driving license and voter’s ID card as address proof.
• Details of the bank account with which the demat account is to be linked.
• A brokerage fee of Rs 799 including the trading account, DP account with HDFC and bank account.
[[The charges applicable for HDFC online demat account are as follows:]]
• No charges are applicable for opening an account.
• No charges are applicable for closing the account.
• An amount of Rs 500 per year is required for maintenance of the account.
• Charges for buying transactions are nil.
• Minimum Rs 20 i.e. 0.04% of the total value of transaction is charged for selling.
• No charges for buying debt transactions.
• Minimum charge of Rs 500 at 0.04% is required for selling the debt transaction.