The HDFC bank provides accounts and deposit services to the customers. Since, the line of the customers are not restricted to only those who are earning individuals, the bank also provides account services to the students (non-earning).
The HDFC Student Bank Account caters to the needs of the students so that they can carry out their studies without hassle. The features of the HDFC Student Bank Account are:
- The savings accounts are zero-balance accounts and that means that the students can do away without any balance in their account every month.
- The minimum quarterly balance that they need to maintain is Rs 250.
- They can enjoy the facility of internet banking and cheques.
- They are given the international debit card which becomes handy in case the student moves abroad because of the studies.
- They can also enjoy the facility of bank to bank transfers.
- They can also enjoy mobile banking.
Eligibility for HDFC Student Bank Account
The candidates should be of a minimum age of 18 and must be student in some government approved schools, colleges and universities and they should be Indian Nationals.
Documentation required for HDFC Student Bank Account
There are very few requirements as far as the documentation part is concerned. The documents needed are given below:
- Duly filled application form.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- The school certificate or some other document that proves that the applicant is a student.
- Age proof.
- Identity proof.
- Residence proof.