You are here

Handicapped Certificate

Handicapped Certificate

To get the Handicapped Certificate you need to submit the following documents:

  • First, you need to fill the application form.
  • Attested photocopy of first three pages of ration card showing proof of three years residence in Delhi.
  • Attested photocopy of medical Certificate in respect of disability from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital, Hindu Rao Hospital, Safdarjung Hospital, Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Ram Manoher Lohia Hospital, Institute of Human Behavior and Allied Sciences etc.
  • Two passport size photographs. One should be attested from Gazetted officer.
  • For issuance of duplicate identity card, Rs. 10/- to be deposited with the cashier of District and the receipt should be attached with the application form.
  • Ration Card is required at the time of submission of application form.
  • Identity card will be given to the applicant only after getting his/her signatures on the Card.

An individual may also qualify as disabled if he/she has had impairment in the past or is seen as disabled based on a personal or group standard or norm. Physically handicapped certificate and identity card is issued to handicapped persons who are orthopaedically handicapped, mentally handicapped or blind or deaf and dumb. You need to go and get the handicapped certificate at the office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate during 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on any working day. After receiving the application form, attested medical certificate and a copy of Ration Card with a photograph of applicant, an Identity Card is issued to the applicant.

The Handicapped Certificate has various features like,

  • Learning and applying knowledge
  • General tasks and demands
  • Communication
  • Mobility
  • Self-care
  • Domestic life
  • Interpersonal interactions and relationships
  • Major life areas
  • Community, social and civic life.


if some one have hearing loss in one ear in is it physically handicapped or fall in physically fit or physically unfit?

I am suffering from sciatic nerve pain and my ability to walk or move are very much restricted. I can walk a max. of 100-150 mtrs, then I need to take rest. I can not sit for more than 2 hours. Even my earnings also reduced. Am I eligible for PHC certificate?

please sir i apply in my state more than 50 times but no result ] please sir tell me how to i get handicapped certificate.

I am residing in Mumbai suffering from Osteo Arthritis since last 10 years which has restricted my walking and I have to take support of stick to walk. Can I get PH certificate and from where?

my right eye vision is 6/18 and left eye vision is 6/9 can i get PH certificate...........wat is the PH criteria for eye related problem

even i have the same discrepancy and i am left with no option other than giving it up

can any one help to let me know the place in chennai to get the certificate for physically challenged kids. Thanks.

Can any body tell me. If a person has undergone Kidney Transplant, is he he considered as physically challenged? If yes how to get a certificate for the same?

No, you don't, though still try to confirm it from some other sources but skin related problems do not come under physical handicap

True, in that case he will come under handicapped depending on how poor the eye sight is as I know many albinos with perfect eye sight

1. we want to make handicapped certificate 2. we want to make railway concation certificate not my add village bichaura gang distt etah utter pradesh

how short ? as per definition of handicapped, you only are physically challenged if your condition prevents you from doing work normally

my self abha mittal age 36 years,i want physically handicapped certificate because i am suffering from a dease which is not cureable time is passing my eyelids doesnt open. i visited aims delhi many times but result is nothing,i open my eye with the help of my finger when i want to see somthing so please help me in getting phisically handicap certificate hoping for the best from you. abha mittal

try going to PT . MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA HOSPITAL,GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI, MALVIYA NAGAR, NEW DELHI-110017, you will need 6 photographs passport size( covering full body) and a affidavit mentioning that you haven’t applied for the certificate for physical disability anywhere in India

handicapped person 40% disabilities are applicable for petrol in use of handicapped scooter. govt of india provided or not if yes pls send me notification if eligible

my self khadeer Ahmed my age 23 years,i want physically handicapped certificate because i am suffering from a disease which is not cureable time is passing my both legs doesnt proper walk. i visited aims in many of the office many times but result is nothing,i open my both leg to proper walk with the help of my life when i want to see somthing so please help me in getting phisically handicap certificate hoping for the best from you. s.khadeer Ahmed.My mobile no.09940354153

good morning sir/ madam, i am a physically challanged person, but i have polio by birth 4 to 5% but i dont have handicaped certificate , please guide me how can i get and where can i get, please advice on my mail. thanking you abdul basith

i,have sight in eyes (far6.00)in both eyes.can i apply for ph i some visible problems.since i cant see clearly during nights.what can i do???????????????

I'm hearing challenged with about 40 to 60% loss of hearing (bilateral sensorineural loss of hearing) - no cure. I use hearing aids. Could I get a certificate based on this? Will I fall under physically handicapped category. As I understand physically handicapped should be disabled abt 40%? Pls advise. Thanks Parveen

Hi, Parveen I think u should under hearing impaired disabilities. Surly u get the disabled certificate. I don't know your city. Please go near differently abled office and get certificate. if you want more details see the below the link or mail to me.

Dear Sir, I have hearing problem with Left ear 65 dbhl and Right year 81.6 dbhl i have done my hearing test from National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped at Kolkata.Kindly tell me how to apply for the Handicapped Certificate.I a resident of KOLKATA,WEST BENGAL.


hi iam senthil residing in chennai iam suffering from ms for the past 10 years and i am suffering from a disease which is not cureable time is passing my left leg doesnt walk proper can any one help to let me know the place in chennai to get the certificate for physically challenged kindly reply

Dear Mr Senthil Nathan, Please visit General Hospital at Ashok Nagar OPPOSITE TO ESIC Hospital there you can get

sir pls tell me is there any treatment for MS if is there means tell me where i can get that i want a permanent solution for this disease i humbly request u

Hi, Senthil, certificate available from KK nagar special hospital ( opp ESI hospital) and National identity card. if you want more details see the below the link or mail to me. jaihind

mera accident 2004 main hua tha mere left leg ka bone tut gya jiski wjah se mera operation karke mere leg(left) main rod dala gya par wo operation kamyab nahi hua uske baad se mera 4 - 5 baar operation ho chuka hai aur ab woh rod mere pairo mein hi tut gya unka kahana hai ki ab ye rod nikalna muskil hai, Mujhe summer mein to koi problem nahi hota par winter main main thik se chal bhi nahi pata. To kya is condition mein mera handicaped certificate ban sakta hai.

Agar mera certificate ban sakta hai to main kaise apply karu kanha apply karu help me any one please. From Delhi Badli 42.Sub division Narela

i am hearing handicapped persson when i go to any company to do work they did not accept because we have to ring the phone so wat work i can do.

one of my family member is not able to speck properly.... is he physically challenged? ... if yes.. then how can i apply for certificate.... Please suggest. Regards... Javed

sir my height is 4 feet .i m 28 years married woman......can i get physically handicapped certificate.....plz reply me and tell me from where i should get my certificate.i live in agra n ajmer thank you

if you are a short statuerd person by birth ie if you are a dwarf, u can apply for a handicap certificate at the govt hospital in your area.

I am 25year. I am ear affected for the two but same disability. So, i have not presenting the disability certificate. How do got the certificate. please help me.

i have applied for handicapt certificate in baba sahib ambedkar hospital in delhi and they have given me d date after 5 month. so pls tel me what is d max time requirre to make it. im a vi...

i m physically handicapped left leg [ hip joint problem pls help me i waant physically handicaped certificate my family are both suffaring pls my phone no 9704085460 thank q

Add new comment