Regarding hoarding advertisements one has to undergo plenty of rules and procedures. One who is interested to doing such an advertisement must also be well aware with the hoarding rules for KMC or Kolkata Municipal Corporation, which is governed by chapter XIV of KMC Act 1980.
The salient rules of this act are as follows:
• Without prior permission or license from KMC, no structure can be erected for the purpose of advertisement.
• No advertisement can be erected if the individual has not paid any taxes.
• KMC has the power of bringing down an advertisement structure if the hoarding is found to cause any sort of inconvenience to people such as causing obstruction in the flow of light or in the flow of air.
• Kolkata Municipal Corporation even has the power to demolish, deface, and pull down any hoarding structure that goes against the rules.
• The head office of the advertisement department of KMC is located at S.N. Banerjee Road, Kolkata, West Bengal. Te contact number to this very office is 22861000; Extension 2801/2625/2829. From this very office one can have all the information regarding the Hoarding Rules for KMC.
The application for hoarding advertisement must be done in the following way:
• A written application in the format that has been prescribed in the department.
• A copy of the agreement that has to be done between the owner of a premises and the applicant.
• Structural stability certificate is also needed and that has to be certified from a class II structural engineer. Since safety is a must therefore the structure must be examined.
• NOC or No Objection Certificate from the owner is also needed for this purpose.
• A copy of the present tax bill is also a vital document for this purpose and that should also be presented.
• A copy of the blueprint regarding the structure of advertisement hoarding must also be presented by the applicant.
• The LBS and the owner of the premises.
• An affidavit in the prescribed format also needs to be presented in the prescribed format and that must also be sworn before a first class magistrate.
So these are the hoarding rules for KMC or Kolkata Municipal Corporation and it is a must for those individual that are looking for performing a hoarding advertisement.